• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

music

honeydevil said:
which one is track 5? I gave this cd to my sister for christmas and since then i never saw it again...

i don't know the song title, but it's about 'my lovely lady lumps...'

Mari, you say you are getting into blues?

You need to check out my favorite artist, Guy Davis.

He has some of the best back-to-the-roots, rolling-on-the-floor, gut-wrenching, slap-your-grandmother blues I have ever heard.

He has that Robert Johnson, Son House sound, and can play a guitar (or banjo, or mandolin, or harmonica) like he was born with it hanging off of him.

My current favorite of his is "Can Anybody Tell Me Where the Road Is" from the "Chocolate to the Bone" Album.

Whole album is awesome.

bobbyburns said:
the song of dolphins is much better than any human song. it is mathematical poetry.

Who are the "dolphins"?

Sounds like an English punk band?

and please don't use "mathematical" and "poetry" in the same sentence anymore!

:)

leckert said:
Who are the "dolphins"?

They look a bit like this:

dolphin.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Stewart!

They don't have any fingers! I'm guessing they strum a lot of barre chords!

Wow, thanks, Leckert, that's really great. I'll look into it.

leckert said:
Mari, you say you are getting into blues?

You need to check out my favorite artist, Guy Davis.

He has some of the best back-to-the-roots, rolling-on-the-floor, gut-wrenching, slap-your-grandmother blues I have ever heard.

He has that Robert Johnson, Son House sound, and can play a guitar (or banjo, or mandolin, or harmonica) like he was born with it hanging off of him.

My current favorite of his is "Can Anybody Tell Me Where the Road Is" from the "Chocolate to the Bone" Album.

Whole album is awesome.

leckert said:

They don't have any fingers! I'm guessing they strum a lot of barre chords!
Well dolphins can make music, just like Ecco the dolphin...

leckert said:

I sincerely believed you thought bobbyburns was referring to a band called The Dolphins when he was referring to the natural song of the dolphin.

RainbowGurl: "Well dolphins can make music, just like Ecco the dolphin..."

Yeah, but can you dance to it?

Stewart said:
I sincerely believed you thought bobbyburns was referring to a band called The Dolphins when he was referring to the natural song of the dolphin.

I guess it is kind of hard to see my tongue in my cheek online, huh? :D

Given my attempt at humor, your reply was pretty funny! rof-hmn-lmao!

Back