• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Must Vent

bobbyburns said:
try powdered rice paper. it'll absorb all that invisible oil.

oh i have. i developed quite an addiction to them. sadly i am in the group of people getting wrinkles and zits. aaah well , better to head to the grave used up and happy. what is the use of an immaculate corpse.
your tip is appreciated though.

1. I'm tired of having no working equipment to be able to troubleshoot/fix my students' problems with at work.

2. I want summer to be here already. I'm tired of working period.

3. Everything I'm drawing lately sucks. I'm in a rut artwise.

4. I'm so tired of being the boring, dependable backup.

5. I don't feel like going to chorale anymore this year.

There...just a taste. lol

novella said:
I'm sick of Pope news.
AMEN! OHMIGOD! Will the media not let people die without making a huge deal about it? Someone should tell the people at the news agencies that people die all the time. Get over it. Yes, some of them are vegetables involved in court battles. Yes, some of them wear giant hats. Why do I have to hear about it CONSTANTLY?

You know what else, media peoples? There are murder trials every day in this country. Stop picking out two or three of them and stuffing them down our throats! Nancy Grace and all her lawyer friends who get airtime need to get lost.

I'm not enjoying my job right now, and it really makes the rest of my life dull.

Martin said:
Give it time, Grasshopper - that, or you're not being completely honest with yourself, not revealing what's really bothering you. All that anger pent up inside - go on, let it out, free yourself.

Or have a glass of milk, your call.

Cheers

Okay, baby. If I am Grasshopper, you are flea.

I feel that my peoples is not digging in to their souls, to find they truself.

Plus, okay, I think that except for Ell and Ashlea you mods are not that into books. You don't post about books.

I think that's weird.

But I'm, well , you know . . . critical.

I can't deal with being a Teaching Assistant any more. The instructor is co-dependent (can't make a decision on where to put furniture in new office without me) and gives me NO credit for what I do.

I'm sick of people being critical and judgemental. I'm sick of the "do it my way attitude" and I wish I could just make people in general chill.

I've also had it with people running around saying "haha Sox lost by seven last night". OK, first off, it is just one game. It's not like it's the ALCS or something. Second, if you live in this state you have no business being a Yankees fan. It's just crap. Third, the Sox lost the first game of the season last year and how did that turn out??? Oh...right.

Plus, to make it all worse I have to start work at 3PM tomorrow. That really sucks as I prefer to sleep til 5. The managers are all about, so I can't even crawl back into bed when I get here.

Oh yea, and I'm sick of Pope news too. Anyone against condoms in this era is persona non grata in my opinion.

Hey. I do sortof feel better...

It also indicates a need for really fast cars OR a 4x4 truck complete with lift kit and HUGE tires. ;)

I've noticed no one here can stay mad. This is supposed to be a place to be pissed off. Instead, bobby uses zen (through the workings of a penis joke) to get us all laughing.

novella said:
Plus, okay, I think that except for Ell and Ashlea you mods are not that into books.

Proof, if any were needed, that you do not know me at all. Also, how then do you explain the fact that both Martin and myself have written book reviews for the library here? I've yet to read any of your reviews.

novella said:
You don't post about books.

I just don't post about the same books as you, that is all. Everyone has their own taste in reading matter.

novella said:
But I'm, well , you know . . . critical.

You said it! :p

hay82 said:
I tried to protest, but they wouldn't accept working from 14 - 22 instead of 8 - 16. :eek: :mad:
Hay, what are you doing studying for *eight* hours? You should be doing it for more than 14! :p

I just came off a really terribly sad week, so I'm just taking it easy now.

ds

Halo said:
Proof, if any were needed, that you do not know me at all. Also, how then do you explain the fact that both Martin and myself have written book reviews for the library here? I've yet to read any of your reviews.

I just don't post about the same books as you, that is all. Everyone has their own taste in reading matter.

You said it! :p

I'm sorry, Halo. I didn't take in the fact that you're a mod. You do post about books. Please accept my apology.

I just posted a couple of reviews this week. One on The Courage Consort, one on Wolves Eat Dogs. Also posted about a bunch of other books--Michael Frayn, The Codebreakers, Between Silk and Cyanide, etc. I've written quite a lot recently on books here.

novella said:
I'm sorry, Halo. I didn't take in the fact that you're a mod. You do post about books. Please accept my apology.

Apology accepted. :)

novella said:
I just posted a couple of reviews this week. One on The Courage Consort, one on Wolves Eat Dogs. Also posted about a bunch of other books--Michael Frayn, The Codebreakers, Between Silk and Cyanide, etc. I've written quite a lot recently on books here.

Yes, you have written reviews, so sorry in return. I wonder why you don't write them for the library? Then they wouldn't get hidden under the new posts, and people could look them up more easily.

Novella:

I was gonna say the exact same thing as Halo - I've written quite a few reviews, and am planning on picking it up again as soon as I can find the time. Hell, I've even reserved a space on my website for bookreviews.

Feel better now?

Cheers

direstraits said:
Hay, what are you doing studying for *eight* hours? You should be doing it for more than 14! :p
I think I'll save the 14 hour days for the last week before we have to turn in the project. Besides the 8 hours does not include all the time I spend at home thinking about all the things I ought to be doing.

I hate my chemistry teacher. I asked her for an extension and she said, predictably, "I do not accept late work!" So... new plan. I'm going to see if my dad will call her and talk to her.

Novella: HUH? Are you still taking your drugs? I don't post about books or not "into" books? I don't own a TV. ALL i do is read. I do, in fact, post about books. Go look through my posts :p

Back