• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Must Vent

I went to the dentist today and found out I have tooth decay under two of my fillings. So I've got to go back in three weeks and have those perfectly good fillings removed and then replaced. *shudder* :(

Halo said:
I went to the dentist today and found out I have tooth decay under two of my fillings. So I've got to go back in three weeks and have those perfectly good fillings removed and then replaced. *shudder* :(

ohh! i just had that done, with 3 fillings. and then they replaced them with this new filling material that is white but is supposedly better, but for some reason causes some people to experiance tenderness and pain there. so i haven't chewed on my right side for weeks. :(

ooh, that sounds terribly painful. I have that white filling stuff too and my teeth are extra sensitive. :( Best wishes Halo! (And btw, I'm super happy to see that you're reading DT7, hope you're enjoying it! ;) )

Well, I've been going about 48 hours without a cigarette. I was a horrible chain smoker for about four years... not too bad, but bad enough. I'm going through horrible withdrawals... and my boyfriend (whom I live with) smokes too...

jenngorham said:
this new filling material that is white but is supposedly better, but for some reason causes some people to experiance tenderness and pain there. so i haven't chewed on my right side for weeks. :(

I wonder if that's why my left side is still sore?? I lost a filling in November last year (on a french fry of all things!) and had it replaced by a tool of a dentist. He spent the whole time he was working on my mouth yabbering on to the chicky babe nurses rather than telling me WTF was going on, and leaving me to watch crappy CNN on the ceiling telly. He was the first bloke I rang who was able to actually replace my filling *that day*, and I later find out that many people have been to see him and been unsatisfied.

So it's now... 5 months later and I still have issues chewing on that side. I thought I was just being silly - I went to my Oz dentist when I was back in December, and for the ridiculous price of $100 was told that all was well with the new filling. But it still feels hurty and not good! Maybe this is why!!!

Thanks Jenn! Perhaps I'm not a hypochondriac after all!

And good luck, Halo! I'm sure you've got a lovely dentist!!

kookamoor,
get some sensadyne(sp?) toothpaste. i switched dentists and the new guy said the fillings look fine too and to try that kind of toothpaste. he said it may take up to 2 months of regular use to see the effects,but i have noticed a difference already. i can chew now, but no heat or cold over there yet.

A rant

Okay here's my moan.
Today I sliced off the top of my middle finger on a cheese grater at work. (I work in a kitchen) There was quite a lot of blood but now it is just very red and very sore. You can clearly see where the missing bit of skin should be. :( I'm not happy. :mad:

Can't be that bad though. Luckily it was my middle finger and not my index finger, so I can still type! ;)

Thanks for the good wishes, guys! :) My dentist seems OK, it is the first time I've seen her after having no dentist for over a year (for those who do not know, there is an extreme shortage of NHS dentists in the UK. My previous dentist left town). And what's this about TVs on the ceiling? Luxury! I thought I was doing well with the cartoony poster that had been stuck up there, usually it's just blank ceiling. Anyway, let three weeks of fretting commence. :rolleyes:

Genie said:
Can't be that bad though. Luckily it was my middle finger and not my index finger, so I can still type! ;)

On another bright side, when you're feeling annoyed with someone just show them your injury in an upwards stabbing motion :D

Thanks Jenn! I have naturally sensitive teeth and have tried that stuff before to no avail, but maybe it'll work on these back ones - cheers!

Kookamoor said:
On another bright side, when you're feeling annoyed with someone just show them your injury in an upwards stabbing motion :D !

Yeh, I've done that quite a lot today!
haloslip.gif

my exams start soon and i'm not very good at studying
today i bought lamp shades for the over-head lights in my room 'cept there to small sooo i had to put them on upside down
i hate studying... :(I’m completely out of reading material :( why do they repeat the news on the radio over and over again you'd think people got the message the first time.

it is may. may 14th. almost june. it is SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!! some days being canadian is not so frickin' cool. EH!

He who eats far too much red meat would agree with you Jenn!

I like you as well. we must band together if we are to truly be able to withstand the 'he who'...

well he who "let" me get up a 6:30 with the kids is in still in bed, so i am about to pull out all the stops and put on the coffee. he just can't resist the smell. *evil evil laugh*

unite sister friend!!!!!!!!(where is the little power fist smilie?)

Oh jenn... he 'let' you get up at 6:30am? What a nice boy! He who finally cooked a leg of lamb outside on his HUGE bar-be-que got up and made me a cup of coffee and had a glass of orange juice at the ready for me this morning.

He who likes the smell of lamb cooking was in trouble because he sucked the marrow out sitting next to me. He may be dead on the morrow.

I'm not sure if this should go in work or here.

Okay, tonight, I have a guy who keeps asking the same question and phrasing it differently. Can he get a discount? I keep telling him no while I'm checking him in. Finally, he says real nasty like "What I'm ASKING is, CAN YOU GIVE ME A DISCOUNTED RATE?"

That was the third or fourth time. So I reply, in a much more pleasant tone: "Sir, what I'm answering is that I can't." I wasn't being really smart alecky, but I do have to stand up for our rates, I mean, we have to keep a certain average up, so I had to assert myself a little.

So he gives me a majorly dirty look then. But yanno, I had already explained to him over and over and over about the contract of his reservation yadda yadda etc etc.

For the next twenty minutes, he calls with nitpicky bitches from his room. On the third call, I just gave the phone to my co worker who is a man. Ends up, the guy wants to change rooms, so my co worker arranges that for him, then goes to run the key up to his room.

Stupid guest asks coworker for a discounted rate as well! Gets the same answer, same explanation that I gave the first damn time he asked. But for some reason (maybe that they both have the same equipment is my guess), the guest is all nice about it all of a sudden, writes up a commendation on my co worker, then puts in a complaint form on me!

WTF??? This p*sses me off so badly. I see these arsehole types all the time. They're nasty and try to bully me just because I'm a girl, and then all of sudden, make them deal with someone who might be able to whip thier a** and they suddenly become all deferential.

Oooh, I'm so mad I could spit. What a sackless turd.

Hi there. I still don't know many of you all on here so I guess it's why it's hard to come back with no *hah* friends on the board. So...um I'll vent later. :p

no vent away. this thread is just to complain about anything. like for instance i would like to complain about martin. he's a bit of a chump.

Back