• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Must Vent

the're having an open day at school 'sigh'
that may not sound bad but it'll be a half day i'm only suppose to be doing 3 clases but i have to go (most people say they won't come but we'll see)
(i hate open day its ..its theres no reason for it!!!).
I NEEEED A BOOK one i can't find.

Celtic_mist... I have a penpal in Philly (actually my mom's penpal). I told her I love snow and wouldn't mind seeing more of them. She told me that she'd happily have me over and let me enjoy as much snow as I want - with a shovel in my hand. :eek:

celtic_mist said:
you could be alot worse off (but then i don't have to deal with snow )
Apparently there's nothing much worse than inches of snow in the morning.

ds

direstraits said:
Celtic_mist... I have a penpal in Philly (actually my mom's penpal). I told her I love snow and wouldn't mind seeing more of them. She told me that she'd happily have me over and let me enjoy as much snow as I want - with a shovel in my hand. :eek:

well i guess shveling snow is better than shoveling sand... :D

Apparently there's nothing much worse than inches of snow in the morning.

how about blazing hot weather (i guess i take it for granted..)
here the weather is hot or hot ...your choice :)
this messege says i haven't written enough .
whats wrong with this computer
aaaaaaarrrrrhhh
i give up

celtic mist said:
Ahem!
i have never seen snow !!!!
rain is rare and an absolute blessing...rain..rain!
you could be alot worse off (but then i don't have to deal with snow :p )

somewhere on this forum is a picture of my back deck. i will look for it and try to post a link, then you will feel my pain. :D

One of my staff upped and quit on me today. There is a Board of Directors meeting on Thursday for which I have to prepare a ton of info. Plus this is the week of other stuff with which I have to deal (a/p, payroll, etc...).

Oh, and my previous employer made me a job offer today for only $500 more than what I told them I'm currently making, which with the commute gives me a net loss.

Does anyone know if the standing rule of thumb for making a job change should be a 10% salary increase?

No :)

Actually, reincarnation is something I can go for.

However, we only get one life as far as provable or knowable! And so better live it as best as you can. Right? :)

No.. I'm in favour of mass-suicide :)

Think I'll just shut up now, and do some work instead.

"Does anyone know if the standing rule of thumb for making a job change should be a 10% salary increase?"

There is no rule of thumb. Every situation is unique. My last job change I took a pay cut knowing that in time I would make that up and surpass it. I also was having physical stomach issues due to the fact that I hated my last job. Since you've obviously worked for both employers the decision should be quite simple. You know both situations from a very personal, inside viewpoint. Working for which employeer would make you happiest for the longest period of time? Why did you leave the previous employer to begin with?

Being happy in your job is way more important than the dollar amount you get, especially if, as you say, the pay equalls out between the two.

hah! My work woes led to the tangent of reincarnation and mass suicide. Who would've thought...

And - buying a house would make me happy. It will take at least an extra 10% for me to buy a house around here.

I'm really just having a really crummy day. Ahh well, hopefully it will get better, eh?

jenngorham said:
15 CENTIMETERS OF SNOW FOR TOMMOROW!!!!!! HIGH WINDS!!!!!!!FRIGID TEMPERATURES!!! YOU ALL SAW THE PICTURE I POSTED (somewhere in here) I FEEL I HAVE DONE MY TIME, I HAVE PARTICIPATED, I WAS A GOOD WINTER SAMARITAN!!!!!!I FEEL I HAVE DONE MY PART AS A CANADIAN. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

sorry, didn't mean to use capitals. it goes against my nature. but my god, 15cms. i feel a moment of silence is called for.

Okay, I know you all just told Jenn to settle down and all but HOLY SWEET JESUS! Dandruff has been falling from the sky ALL DAY! It started this time yesterday, and it was kind of amusing to look up at the sky and curse. Now it's just DOWN RIGHT DEPRESSING!!! We were having such nice sunny days! I took the liner out of my jacket and yesterday I was going to take my bike in to be serviced so I could ride today... but... but... it was DAMN WELL SNOWING, wasn't it?!?!

&%#*$@%$#&%$# :mad: :mad: :mad:

Gah.

To those of you who think snow is kinda cool - so do I! In fact, the first snowfall of the season is something I look forward to. But that was back in November. FIVE MONTHS AGO! It's kinda nice to look in your wardrobe and find shoes and clothes to wear other than winter boots and a thick hoodie covered by a jacket! And when you live a half hour walk from the office like I do, with no car and a bike without snow tires... it gets *very* tiring after so long. Plus, the constant greyness and darkness plays with your head and can lead to SAD (seasonal affective disorder), which I have some issues with. So when that sun comes out - dammit, it had better stay put! I hate it when the weather toys with me like this!

Phew... Rant over.

I feel surprisingly better.

aaah kookamoor, my australian canuck, your rant did my heart good. may sunny days and plus 10 be in your future.

That looks awful familiar, Jenn. Shovelling snow could almost be considered a Canadian pass-time.

jenngorham said:
this is the reason i am so pissy about the snow click here

Eww.... my heart goes out to you and your snow-shovelling back.

May we all be moaning of heat and humidity on this thread soon :D

Motokid said:
"Does anyone know if the standing rule of thumb for making a job change should be a 10% salary increase?"

There is no rule of thumb. Every situation is unique. My last job change I took a pay cut knowing that in time I would make that up and surpass it. I also was having physical stomach issues due to the fact that I hated my last job. Since you've obviously worked for both employers the decision should be quite simple. You know both situations from a very personal, inside viewpoint. Working for which employeer would make you happiest for the longest period of time? Why did you leave the previous employer to begin with?

Being happy in your job is way more important than the dollar amount you get, especially if, as you say, the pay equalls out between the two.

Many thanks for your input! I gave it a lot of thought overnight - and they even upped the salary by another $1,000 this morning. I left the position due to personality clashes with people in the department. Since I left, there has been complete turnover. So, it is definitely more appealing. I'm waiting to see what they come back with the next time I speak with them.

What makes me laugh is how the current VP said "Well, there are Director level people there making as much as you are asking." I responded with "Maybe the organization underpays the directors..." (which I'm sure it does.)

It's such a long story, I could write a book about it. :p

Martin said:
This is the thread in which you can nag, bitch and moan about just about anything you want.*

The weather's crap? Vent here. You're neighbour is playing loud music again? Vent here. Your car exploded? Vent here.

Come on, people, let it rip.

Cheers

* Within the boundaries of the Bookforum rules, of course.
I'm so glad you put up this thread :D

I'm going to bitch about this game I want to play online but its got problems at the moment and won't let me or anyone else sign in! :mad: I'm addicted to this game and have met some pretty cool people on it too, but I can't get on to chat to them and interact in the game because this stupid game isn't working because its down! :mad: They need to fix their problems so the obsessed peopl (like me) wont get pissed off and send complaints! :mad:

Thats all I got to moan about :p

Back