• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My Introduction

Cathy C

Hi, All!

I just found this forum from a mention on another site, and thought I'd drop by. It's a pretty cool place, so I decided to stay! :D Here's a little about me:

My name is Cathy Clamp, and I'm a published author (with a co-author named CT Adams) of three novels. One is an historical fiction about Colorado's railroad days, called "ROAD TO RICHES: The Great Railroad Race to Aspen". It's on the shelf now.

Our second book is part of the new Tor Paranormal Romance line (although it's much more of a fantasy/paranormal adventure than a romance). It's called HUNTER'S MOON and will be out on December 12th. We've gotten a lot of great reviews on it, including wonderful comments from Sime-Gen and Science Fiction Reviews. You can read a sample chapter if you're interested, on our website, at:Cathy's Website and also see all of the reviews, verbatim (I'm big on disclosure, so even if a review is bad, I'll post it. So far, we've been lucky and they're all good! :p )

The sequel, called MOON'S WEB, will be out in October of next year. I also write magazine articles about hunting and fishing and have published in places like Guns & Ammo, Deer & Deer Hunting and Fur-Fish-Game.

Any romance readers who might be attending the Romantic Times Booklovers conference in St. Louis in April of next year will probably see me, as I'm one of the workshop presenters. I'll be speaking about author/publisher contracts.

Looking forward to wandering around here. I'm sure you'll see more of me in the future. (Don't know if that's good or bad... :rolleyes:)

Cathy

welcome
make yourself at home
there are some beers on the freezer

p.d. it just hit the concient (spelling please) part of my mind i always liked the name cathy, might consider it for my first daughter

Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks for the greetings, all! I should also mention that I'm a avid reader and have just finished all six of The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher in one swell foop over a week. Recent reads have been Mind Game by Christine Feehan, Incubus Dreams by Laurell Hamilton, and Smoke and Shadows by Tanya Huff. I'm just about to start on Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. I've heard good things about it. I also read The Thief Lord recently and enjoyed it a lot. It was very grown-up for a YA and an excellent story.

I'll meet you all over on some of the other Forums!

Cathy
(PS -- glad you like my name, Mr. Michel :p I've always liked it.)

The Partisan said:
I thought it would be silly to start a new thread for this.

Hey, I'm new here.

You're allowed a new thread. It's in the charter. One newbie, one thread.

It's not his fault he's a bit daft - he's from the Netherlands, and we know how Martin struggles to understand things.

I think we already got introduced! I some how was remiss and missed your welcome thread! Must be the work of those evil penguins!

Anyway, welcome :)

Well, *I've* been introduced, SillyWabbit, but who are you? (other than the scourge of decent, fluffy penguins everywhere... :mad: ) :p

Cathy
The penguins give me strength! Long live the penguins...

Welcome Cathy. your writing seems very interesting.

I've just started coming back to TBF.

It's a nice, friendly cheery place.

I'm an automotive engineer who's also trying to write a Science fiction book, but at this rate it looks like won't be finished for quite sometime.

I'm sure I'll "see you around".

LOVING Hunger's Moon!!

I just wanted to let you know what a fantastic book I'm finding Hunter's Moon to be! I purchased it yesterday -- am about 1/2 way thru -- and loving every page. Your writing is crisp, unique and captivating -- and your characters keep getting better and better as I read it. PLEASE tell me you are writing more.....! I've already added the 2nd book to my Amazon.com wishlist -- THANK YOU for an enjoyable read! :)

Wow, LoveAnn! Thanks for letting me know. Yep, we'll be writing more of them (just as soon as Tor Books contracts for them -- which they've already indicated they're interested in doing). If you pop over to the Writer's Showcase, the first chapter of the sequel, called MOON'S WEB, is posted. (And it's set in Chicago... LOL!) :D

Thanks for writing!

Back