• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My Life by Bill Clinton

hobitten

Did anyone read this?

I must say, I was not entirely impressed... :(

Too long, too many calendar references and too boring... :(

What do you think?

Hobitten :) :)

Apparently his favorite latin motte is embrazoned across the frount of the dust jacket!

veni vidi vici :D

hobitten said:
Did anyone read this?

I must say, I was not entirely impressed... :(

Too long, too many calendar references and too boring... :(

What do you think?

Hobitten :) :)

It's an autobiography not a mystery suspense novel. I don't think he wrote it to impress people or be exciting. I found the book informative and enlightening as to the actual process and effects of such a lifestyle.

Absolutely brilliant man I might add.

I read it and found it entertaing, but I wonder how much of it was true. I don't exactly trust him.

a reasonable point =)

lol! I try to give politicians the benefit of the doubt. I suppose that’s silly and naïve, but I think it’s most productive for the country. The problem with Clinton is that he lied so convincingly that I was sure he was telling the truth. I just have a hard time trusting anything he says, and certainly anything writes – like my life – in which he would have time to cleverly engender his deceptions. Yikes! That sounds bad – I’m not a Clinton hater, but I think his actions in office give us reason to question the veracity of his book.

I'm bumping this because this book is next on my TBR list, and I was wondering if anyone out there has read it recently? Any thoughts? Anyone think I should save my time, and read something else?

I've read the first chapter (accidentally, I might add, and had to stop because I'm already in the middle of a book) very recently. It was sitting so invitingly, staring at me from its shelf...

Anyway, I've heard the sales pitches he does for the book, and from what he describes, is exactly the sort of thing I'd like to read, his perspective on a lot of current issues should be interesting.

Should be an entertaining (and informative) ride...

ds

Oh no, Zolipara, that's _I Hate The Sod Who Wrote My Life, Let Me Tell You How It Really Is_, by the 'real' Bill Clinton.

I haven't read that yet.

ds

direstraits said:
I've read the first chapter (accidentally, I might add, and had to stop because I'm already in the middle of a book) very recently. It was sitting so invitingly, staring at me from its shelf...

Anyway, I've heard the sales pitches he does for the book, and from what he describes, is exactly the sort of thing I'd like to read, his perspective on a lot of current issues should be interesting.

Should be an entertaining (and informative) ride...

ds

thanks Dire. I think it will be the next book I read, though I may have to intersperse some Bill Bryson in there as well, not sure if Clinton will be able to hold my interest completely for 1000 or so pages.

Bought a paperback version, which is split into two books. The first one is the book that I purchased. I just couldn't get into his childhood and his educational experiences. With that being said, he did have a lot of interesting anecdotes and it was written very well.

I got this book for Christmas last year and I have to say I enjoyed reading it. I thought it was well researched and well written with some good anecdotes. :)

The Life of Bill Clinton

one of my friends loves politics and was extremely excited when she got this book for her birthday.. considering how huge the book and her workload is, she's still reading it.. ..i think.. either way, she seems to love it so much and i was just wondering if bill clinton's life is worth $19.99?

[in other words, would i be wasting my money if i bought it?]

True@1stLight said:
In that case, we should turn to our current leader for guidance. :rolleyes:

lmao

i wonder how bushes autobiography would look like. 'i graduated out of yale with a C- average and was a alcoholic before i discovered the hypocritical word of jesus'

i think i'd read it just for kicks. unfortunatly maybe i'd end up kicking the book before i'd finish it

Back