• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My New TBR List for 2010 and beyond...

I had considered that but there are some numbers that show up multiple times. Maybe that number refers to a list number? Hmmm

I also wonder why the page count was included.

Hazarding a guess about why page count is listed...Perhaps it's so he can gauge how much time he has to devote to a certain title..February is shaping up to be chaotic..perhaps not a good time to read a longer work. The first year I kept a diligent list of my books read, I included page counts, just for fun, but after that I never bothered. I don't keep detailed lists of future reads..just a never ending list in a notebook in the closet. Lists like this one of AB's make me feel painted in a corner..I'm glad he enjoys them, but they're not my cuppa...although I like seeing other people's lists, regardless of how they're worded.

Even more perplexing, poor Conn Iggulden doesn't get any numbers at all.

Whatever the numbers mean, they're probably related to the books themselves rather than the authors:
The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway (183 pp) - 7
A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway (242 pp) - 10
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway (398 pp) - 16
The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway (54 pp) - 2
A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway (211 pp) – 8

That's impossible. I'm the only one on the planet who does that.

No 16 times.
And you don't keep count.
And The drive does not make you feel you read it.
And you don't post it each time in "recently purchased/borrowed"
And you are not a complete ......well i'd better stop or i just might get moderate. Would not do to give to much work to the tight security around here.

No 16 times.
And you don't keep count.
And The drive does not make you feel you read it.
And you don't post it each time in "recently purchased/borrowed"
And you are not a complete ......well i'd better stop or i just might get moderate. Would not do to give to much work to the tight security around here.

Golden%20Hug.jpg

Even more perplexing, poor Conn Iggulden doesn't get any numbers at all.

Whatever the numbers mean, they're probably related to the books themselves rather than the authors:

The numbers have their precise meaning (to me). I'm weird. :whistling:

Facts:

1. It's a code.

2. AquaBlue is not providing the key.

3. Peder enjoys code breaking as a hobby.

I think we all know what must happen next.

Hazarding a guess about why page count is listed...Perhaps it's so he can gauge how much time he has to devote to a certain title..February is shaping up to be chaotic..perhaps not a good time to read a longer work. The first year I kept a diligent list of my books read, I included page counts, just for fun, but after that I never bothered. I don't keep detailed lists of future reads..just a never ending list in a notebook in the closet. Lists like this one of AB's make me feel painted in a corner..I'm glad he enjoys them, but they're not my cuppa...although I like seeing other people's lists, regardless of how they're worded.

I would have just gauged by thickness.

You can check the thickness at the library too.

True. :flowers: I try not to overstep my limits when I request stuff through interlibrary loan..that's my personal limits.. which change constantly. That' where amazon and my interlibrary loan website are invaluable. Between the two of them, I can easily find plenty of information, including page counts, so I never have to worry about jotting it down on a list somewhere. For whatever reason, AB chooses to do so, and that's fine for him. It would be nice, however, if he would enlighten us as to the purpose of the those other numbers next to the titles on his list..he's the one who started this conversation.

I think it's more fun to speculate because the truth would probably not be as interesting as anything we can come up with.

My first thought was price paid but then I realized that $28 for a copy of The Brothers Karamazov didn't sound right.

Maybe he uses his list to play lotery, or order in the chinese restaurant.

Ernest hemingway-farwell to arms = chicken noodle soup

Snow by Orphan Pamuk=crispy duck

the first half of the list for the starters, the segond duck dish and so on.

I think it's more fun to speculate because the truth would probably not be as interesting as anything we can come up with.

My first thought was price paid but then I realized that $28 for a copy of The Brothers Karamazov didn't sound right.

I don't know... my friend Kathy spotted a copy of Crazy Plates for $60 the other day...I think it might have been a labeled a collector's edition, but I can't imagine why. Even if the authors had signed it, I doubt many folks would shell out that much for a book they can find used for under $6.

Sure but who would pay $28 for a copy of The Fountainhead? Maybe it's how many dimes he paid for each one. That makes a lot of sense if you consider used bookstores and library sales.

I think Thomas has a good theory.

Sure but who would pay $28 for a copy of The Fountainhead? Maybe it's how many dimes he paid for each one. That makes a lot of sense if you consider used bookstores and library sales.

I didn't think of dimes..I know I'm always looking for bargains...garage sales, library sales, and ubs are the way to go.

I think Thomas has a good theory.
He may just be spot on. He does have a keen imagination:flowers:

Back