• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Nabokov's Laura; to burn or not to burn?

Should the book be published or burned?

• Publish it-The greater good demands it

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Burn it-his property, his right to determine its fate

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Didn't he write that smut book?

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Understood. They are a wily bunch over there and the talks do tend to get spirited - especially when Sir Chris is involved. It's definitely no place for someone with a thin skin. Plus moto smells like cabbage. And they have that dark orange shag carpeting that looks dirty no matter how many times you vacuum it.

I'll also pass re the comment on thin skin.
Lest I get referred to the Suggestions again.

Funny, I didn't even have you in mind when I posted that; it was just a general observation about the people that frequent The Hen House - they all seem to love a rough and tumble "debate".

I've been condemned to Hell and appear to have developed a bad case of Stockholm syndrome.

However - on a brighter note - I've recently read a really, really good book that I'm going to do a search for here.

Details woman! Wotcha readin'?

Peder ,you are really confusing me,you are passing on a reply about a person having thin skin to debate and discuss,which is exacly what THH is, I see you back out of every time you are confronted with something and you blame it (again another innuendo) on "being sent to the Suggestion Thread if you do reply.

I really wish you can say all of what you need to say and not leave your "Lest I get referred to the Suggestions again" remarks. (which I reffered you to if you had a problem with any Moderator)When I said this to you ,I said it to you,if you need to say something to me,say it to me.

If you have a problem with a certain Mod,there is administration to complain to. You can reply to anything in this forum,it's childish of you to say you will be sent to the Suggestion Thread,really now.

Funny, I didn't even have you in mind when I posted that; it was just a general observation about the people that frequent The Hen House - they all seem to love a rough and tumble "debate".
If that's debate, this place is a kindergarten playground. ;)

Yes, not why I come to the Internet at all. :cool:

Peder ,you are really confusing me,you are passing on a reply about a person having thin skin to debate and discuss,which is exacly what THH is, I see you back out of every time you are confronted with something and you blame it (again another innuendo) on "being sent to the Suggestion Thread if you do reply.

I really wish you can say all of what you need to say and not leave your "Lest I get referred to the Suggestions again" remarks. (which I reffered you to if you had a problem with any Moderator)When I said this to you ,I said it to you,if you need to say something to me,say it to me.

If you have a problem with a certain Mod,there is administration to complain to. You can reply to anything in this forum,it's childish of you to say you will be sent to the Suggestion Thread,really now.
My goodness, who's the thin skinned one now? :lol:

Back