• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Natasha Bedingfield

Thelma

Have you heard this girl 's song? Isn't it simply original that a pop song should refer to Byron and Keats? I like her song and I think the lyrics are funny and interesting, she's singing about inspiration and writer's block in a nice pop song. :eek: Watch it, every time I watch the video it makes me feel good and it makes me think of the pleasure and pain of trying to be a writer.

These words are my own

Threw some chords together, the combination D-E-F
Its who I am, its what I do, and I was gonna lay it down for you
I tried to focus my attention, but I feel so A-D-D
I need some help, some inspiration, but its not coming easily

(bridge)
Tryin to find the magic,
Tryin to write a classic,
Dontcha know, dontcha know, dontcha know?
Wastebin full of paper,
clever rhymes- see ya later

(chorus)
These words are my own, from my heart flow,
I love you, i love you, i love you, i love you,
There's no other way to better say
I love you, i love you

Read some Byron, Shelley and Keates,
recited it over a hip-hop beat
I'm havin trouble sayin what i mean,
with dead poets and a drum machine...........and so on......

What do you think?

The lyrics are ok, but the song has been played to death on the radio over here.

I have grown to loathe it.

Cheers

I'm singllleeeeeeeee, that's how I wanna be :D

What a load of tripe. All the blokes like her because she's a pretty lady :p

Call it harsh, call it necessary.

Anyway, I just listened to that wretched song again, and I want to second my own opinion (I can second whichever opinion I like, d'ya hear!). I loathe this song!

Cheers

I heard it too! So what, are you going to enter a killing spree and leave the boards dripping with purple blood? :D :D :D

So Martin, I hear you are now a SENIOR MODERATOR. You didn't really quit, you were just bucking for a promotion! :)

Those same poets were referenced about a million years ago, by Rod Stewart in "Every Picture Tells A Story" a wonderful song he sang before he became pablum.

Jewel has a song that references Henry Miller and Anais Nin, which naturally makes me smile.

And I think The Proclaimers did a song where the lyrics reference the chord changes, did they not? :confused:

But then, I'm old-fashioned enough to believe music should be listened to and not "watched" on MTV, so what do I know about any of this new-fangled stuff?

Irene Wilde

Back