• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need Help 2 Select A Good Manga!!!

Yeah, Dargonball Z, it's fun but quite long. My all time favorite is Samurai X, it has a little bit of everything but mostly it's action. There are also several lists in amazon.com, here it is:

List of Mangas

You might want to read the reviews first before buying. :D

Fruits baskets- imagine an entire family of bishounens.
Try also Hanayori Dango, it's a romantic comedy.

Battle Royale

Battle Royale, Volume 1
FROM THE CRITICS
Publishers Weekly
This manga adaptation of the popular and controversial Japanese film offers back stories before plunging into brutality and gore. Forty-two ninth graders embark on what they think is a graduation camping trip. Unbeknownst to them, they've been taken to the practically deserted island of Okishima to serve as the next contestants on The Program, a state-sponsored reality tv show. The show's premise is simple, if terrifying: within three days the participants must kill each other until only one student remains. But there's a twist: the students have been fitted with high-tech collars that track their vital signs. If central command detects no one has been killed within 24 hours, it will detonate the explosive bomb collars and kill them all. Each student receives supplies and sets off. Survival of the fittest becomes the greatest equalizer, since the teens are from all walks of life: the loner, the spoiled rich kid, the class clown, the daughter of a high-ranking official and even a few orphans. As protagonist Suuya struggles to protect himself and his romantic interest, others try to outwit and kill one another. Friendships and allegiances come into question and reveal duplicity, betrayal, loyalty, cowardice and insanity. Taguchi's straight-ahead storytelling and Giffen's superior adaptation make the gore easy to follow. The book's scenes of torture, implied rape and killing combine the horror and extreme violence of A Clockwork Orange with Lord of the Flies' exploration of human nature and depravity and aren't for the faint of heart. (Aug.) Copyright 2003 Reed Business Information.

I personally think that reading DBZ is pointless if you've watched the series... it's pretty much the same thing and may get pricey (yes, of course there are things in the manga that you won't find on the TV series)...
If you want cute things like Chobits, then I think you'll enjoy Love Hina.
Perhaps you may not enjoy Battle Royale, it may be too graphic/violent...
Everyone else's recommendations are pretty good too ;)

Oh, how about Trigun or FullMetal Alchemist or Please Save My Earth (PSME)?
Briefly, PSME is about the complex relationship between the seven main characters. These seven all share a common dream of another life: a dream of the moon, each one with a different identity. By coincidence or by fate, they are slowly drawn together in this life, here to replay, undo, or repay actions from their other lives.
Sounds kinda silly, but it's really good.

i second that for battle royale just all around awesome (quite graphic though kids killing kids,rape,drama oriented,not for kids)

worst (awesome gang violence, great action,and comedy)

naruto( ninja love!!!!! you like dragon ballz you'll like this trust me)

Idril Silmaure said:
Hey, I was wondering could anybody recommend any good manga comics to read? I haven't read that much, just Great Teacher Onizuka (a couple of volumes) and Chobits, both of which I really enjoyed. Are there any adventure/romance type ones, preferably not comedy but don't really mind? As I'm so confused with the amount of mangas there are, everytime I go to a shop to buy one I just get scared away and don't know what to get..
Thanks!
If you want a great manga try ANGEL SANCTUARY i recommend it with all my heart... it has fabulous graphics and the story is a romance adventure mix it really is great and i'm sorry if i am repeating myself but that's just hob thrilled i am about having found it. The author is KAORI YUKI and she is in my oppinion one of the top japanese manga creators.
By the way my avatar was taken from that manga...just to give you an idea =^_^=

Ah by the way if you want i can give you some of the angel sanctuary manga just to see if you like it... feel free to send me a private message and i'll tell you how to get in touch.

IMHO I TOTALLY recommend the classics such as :

Record of the Lodoss War
Blade of the Immortal

amazing and the artwork is stunning! on and if ur into LoTR then u'll deff enjoy Lodoss ;)

how could I forget?

Magic Knights Rayearth
Urusei Yatsura
Esaflowne
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ranma1/2
X
Vampire Princess Miyu
Fushigi Yuugi
Chobits
Great Teacher Onizuka
Ah! Megasami
Clover
D.N.Angel
.hack
Hellsing
RG Veda

So...manga eh? I second the opinion that Angel Sanctuary is great! It seriously does rock...

InuYasha (ace, but very very long...only get this if you're willing to spend quite a bit of money ^^)

Demon Diary (where boys look like girls! yay!)

Trigun!

Cowboy Bebop (even though there's about three of them, they're still worth reading!)

Angel Sanctuary (goes without saying really...although if you're shocked by incest, don't read this! heh)

Petshop of Horrors
Zodiac P.I.
DN Angel
Inuyahsa
Sailor Moon
Fruits Basket
One Piece
Yu Yu Hakusho
Naruto
Vampire Hunter D
Farie Landing
Ramna 1/2

Earthian is good for anyone who likes interesting angel stories! It is classified as boys' love so there will be relationships between two male characters. If you have no problem with that then by all means give it a try! The first volume is the only one to have been released so far, but the next one comes out in February. I eagerly await that release! ^_^ Yun Kouga is my new favorite manga-ka and I can't wait to read her newer series Loveless. It has cat boys in it!

I love the BLU company for licensing all these BL stories!

Back