• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need help finding this book/author

stonesage

I read a book in the early 1990's that was about a scientist who strove to become a god. He kidnapped people and cut the top of their skull off. While they still lived, he would slide his hand slowly into their brain and at the moment of their death he would become enlightened/wiser.
I do not know the author or title and really want to read book again, so I need someone to tell me who it was. I know for a fact that it is not Dean Koontz. And remember, it is at least ten years old.

A bit of dialogue I remember from the book(hope it jogs someones memory).

"I'll see you in hell xxxxx!"
"You still don't understand. You won't even exist there."

This was the scientist using his godly powers to rid himself of an enemy. He sent the man into oblivion, not the afterlife.

I also remember that at the end of the novel, he also managed to make his (girlfriend?) join him and he succeeded in becoming a god and starting his own universe.

Please, I've been searching for months. What is this book?

I don't know that book and so can't help you.

I can't help you but maybe there is somebody that can...

"In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team."

Regards
SillyWabbit

SWEET!
Yes, that is the book. A million thanks have been sent to you.
I cannot believe that someone has been able to help me so soon. :)

Back