• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Neil McCormick, U2: U2 by U2

bookreader

U2 by U2

U2 by U2
By U2, Neil McCormick

Product Description

In 1975, four teenagers from Mount Temple School in Dublin gathered in a crowded kitchen to discuss forming a band. The drum kit just about fit into the room, the lead guitarist was playing a homemade guitar, the bassist could barely play at all and nobody wanted to sing. Over thirty years later, Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr are still together, bound by intense loyalty, passionate idealism and a relentless belief in the power of rock and roll to change the world.

In a epic journey that has taken them from the clubs of Dublin to the stadiums of the world, U2 have sold over 130 million albums, been number one all over the world, revolutionized live performance, spearheaded political campaigns and made music that defines the age we live in.
From the anarchic days of their Seventies punk origins through their Eighties ascent to superstardom with the epic rock of 'The Joshua Tree', the dark post-modern ironies of 'Achtung Baby' in the Nineties and their 21st-Century resurgence as rock's biggest and boldest band, this is a tale of faith, love, drama, family, birth, death, survival, conflict, crises, creativity . . . and a lot of laughter.

Told with wit, insight and astonishing candour by the band themselves and manager Paul McGuinness, with pictures from their own archives, 'U2 by U2' allows unprecedented access into the inner life of the greatest rock band of our times.

Who's the publisher? Amazon doesn't list one.

And, putting the blurb aside, what are your thoughts on it?

Amazon Sales Rank: #51 in Books
Brand: HarperEntertainment
Published on: 2006-09-26
Released on: 2006-09-26

I have not read it.

If you have not read it, why are you posting about it? I'm confused.

Do you intend to read it?

Being a U2 fan for many years, I was surprised to see this book listed on this forum. I plan to read the book, but not in the near future. I have other books about U2 on my TBR pile that I plan to tackle soon, I hope. If there is interest on U2 here, I would love to chat about the other books about the boys. I could start a topic once I have read the other books. The three books I'm referring to are:

Walk on: The Spiritual Journey of U2
by Steve Stockman

U2 Show
by Diana Scrimgeour

U2 at the End of the World
by Bill Flanagan, Bill Flanigan

If there is anyone here that has read these or others that I haven't posted, feel free to start a topic. I'd be happy to join in once I have read the books myself.

As I was checking U2 by U2 on Amazon and B&N I noticed another book cowritten by Neil McCormick - Killing Bono: I Was Bono's Doppelganger.
Has anyone read this?

Killing Bono is a story of divergent lives. As Bono and his band U2 ascended to global superstardom, his school friend Neil scorched a burning path in quite the opposite direction. Bad drugs, weird sex, bizarre haircuts: Neil experienced it all in his elusive quest for fame. But sometimes it is life's losers who have the most interesting tales to tell.

Featuring guest appearances by the Pope, Bob Dylan, and a galaxy of stars, Killing Bono offers an extremely funny, startlingly candid, and strangely moving account of a life lived in the shadows of superstardom.

"The problem with knowing you is that you've done everything I ever wanted to," Neil once complained to his famous friend. "I'm your doppelganger," Bono replied. "If you want your life back, you'll have to kill me."

Back