• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New books...

tpeltz

I'm back from Chicago, Illinois! Finally! I went to one of the biggest book stores in my entire life! It's was Borders Books. I liked it a lot. I bought 3 books; The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception, and finally last but not least, the Da Vinci Code.

Whats your favorite book store?? (EX: BARNS & NOBLES, BORDERS)

I'm looking forward to read all of them! :cool:

My favorite is Barnes & Noble, I can't wait until August when I move to Carbondale for college and I'll be like 10 minutes away from it! (Right now I'm 45 minutes) I'll probably spend all my money and time in there!!

Only favorite I have is B&N. There are a few Strands in Manhattan but it's an hour and a half trip away.

I have a small local shop called World Eye Bookshop. They carry more of the books I want to read there than the closest Barnes & Noble. Anything they don't have they order for me ans get within a week, track down out of prints for me and are generally nice. The employees there actually read books and make good suggestions! Plus, I get to patronize local merchants!

Mine is Waterstones. One of the Waterstones in Birmingham is 6 stories high. Always like visiting book stores. Never really get much chance though due to work......95% of my books are ordered off Amazon.co.uk

I don't think that I really have a fave book store. I like which ever one is selling books the cheapest at the time I am in them and/or stock the books that I happen to want :D

In the street, it's Borders.

Same for me I likie Borders Books better baecause they have there books more organized from what I've seen. Every time I went into Barns&Noble(s), I had a hard time find the book I wanted. Anyone else have this problem?? Or is it just me?

Libra6Poe said:
B&N, I work there and get a 30% off discount ;)
And I love Half Price books.

Is that on top of the ten percent member discount?

I've been trying to get a job at B&N for the longest.... :(

I don't have a favourite book shop - I buy from WH Smiths, Waterstones & occasionally Borders. I must admit that I end up picking up a few in Adsa (Wal-mart) as although they don't have a wide range, you can get some decent books at very good prices :)

Pearl said:
Is that on top of the ten percent member discount?
Oh no, I wish. It's just 30% off. Employee discount. We're not really members. If we want a members discount, we have to pay the $25 to get it. And we can't use both... one or the other. Also, with sales, we can only have the better of the two discounts.

Yeah, it's really hard to get a job at Barnes and Noble. I'm sorry... I'm just a humble cashier :p I have no idea what the managers are doing.

Back