• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New del.icio.us feature

Darren

There is now a field in your user profile to enter your del.icio.us username. This will then show a small icon underneath your profiile when you post so that people can view your bookmarks.

There is also a new link at the top of each thread page to add threads to your del.icio.us bookmarks list.

When they make you download sofware to get the tags on the taskbar-do you then receive SPAM? Just a little nervous-I've had my fair share of "download this!" only to regret it.:(

I wouldn't have thought so. I've been registered with del.icio.us for weeks now and haven't noticed any increase over the usual crap that ends up in my spam folder.

The benefits of del.icio.us, of course, are that you can keep your bookmarks online (should your computer go down) and you can share them with others. Tagging hyperlinks, also, lets you find similar sites that might interest you. It's not that intrusive.

And, if you don't like it, you can always uninstall it from your browser.

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary either. However, I just discovered that clicking on sfg75's link nets a "can't find this" message. :confused:

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary either. However, I just discovered that clicking on sfg75's link nets a "can't find this" message. :confused:

Sorry, I ended the downloading when fears of pop-ups and that other crap entered my mind. I'll give it a shot and work on it tonight.:) Thanks for speaking about your own experience with it Stewart.

Back