• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New from England ( UK _ NOT New England !!!)

JonPunk

Well , as I said in the title , I'm from England , Clacton on Sea to be exact .
As my username suggests , I'm into punk music , mainly the 1977- 1984 era , I don't know much about what passes for punk these days .
I like most sports , main one being football ( soccer to Americans ) , but like boxing , American football .... most sports in fact with the exception of rugby .
Right - the main thing here ..... books . In recent years I have gotten into Lee Child's books , recently John Grisham . I like thrillers, historical , factual /historical or fiction . I used to love sci fi/ fantasy .... I still like Robert E Howard , Lovecraft , though I find EE Doc Smith a bit too simplistic these days , I did like his stuff as a teenager ( long time ago ) . Really , too many books to mention at present .... though I read " To Kill a Mockingbird " recently - must admit I was a bit disappointed in the end .... it was good , but not as good as I expected .

New from England

Hello - I'm from England too although many years ago - also a seaside town. Lived and went to school in Blackpool and then worked for Barclays Bank there. Still have fond memories - am still in touch with some of the people who were at school the same time as myself, one of whom has written a couple of books. Hope you enjoy this forum - don't know much about punk rock - a bit young for me - I used to listen to the radio and take down the lyrics for songs (that was when you could hear what the lyrics were in the 50's) - that was how I practiced my shorthand. So long ago and far away. Momac

As my username suggests , I'm into punk music , mainly the 1977- 1984 era , I don't know much about what passes for punk these days

Helly mate, i would love to inform you of a BRILLIANT punk band by the name of Propaghandi - there amazing and have tons of "OLD" punk influence. I, as you may have gathered, am all about punk music. I am very picky tho, and am mostly into activist and/or human rights driven lyricism. But give them a try and tell me what you think

I still like Robert E Howard , Lovecraft , though I find EE Doc Smith a bit too simplistic these days ,

I have been reffered to read the lovecraft short stories, but havent done so yet, are they really that good, and where should i start?

Plus WELCOME, i myself am a new user too L:D

Welcome, InTransit.

It really doesn't matter where you start with Lovecraft but my top four suggestions would be:

1. The Rats in the Walls

2. Call of Cthulhu

3. Shadow over Innsmouth

4. The Haunter of the Dark

Welcome, InTransit.

It really doesn't matter where you start with Lovecraft but my top four suggestions would be:

1. The Rats in the Walls

2. Call of Cthulhu

3. Shadow over Innsmouth

4. The Haunter of the Dark

Why thank you sir, The Rats in the walls it is. Thank you very much.

Welcome to the forum :) I remember when I went to the states this one woman kept asking me about New England and I kept saying England NOT New England, can't you tell from the accent?! :p

Back