• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Girl in Town!

Prairie_Girl

hello people! I'm Allyson. I'm from Regina Saskatchewan, I've been reading probably 50-100 books a year since I was 7 years old and I'm 21. I'm a Banker, I have a wonderful wife (we're newlyweds, Go Canada) a chinchilla and I'm currently up way to late for my own good because I am rather upset at my place of employment.
My favourite books are probably;
Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
Devil Wears Prade (Chic Lit, but fun!)
Wicked by...damnit, I can never remember.

When I'm not reading I'm spending rediculous amounts of time on various message boards including veggieboards and customerssuck, and hanging out with my baby.
Ask anything, I'll gladly answer. I'm glad to be a part of this community!

Welcome, Allyson. Another Canuck! :) There are quite a few of us here now. See you around the boards.

ell

welcome to the forum, Allyson, I see you have jumped in already, go girl. Going to take a peek at your blog later...

Hi there! Congrats on the marriage! Good to hear! Wish you the best :)

Welcome to the forum! I am sure you will enjoy it. It's a great place!

Hi Prairie Girl,
Pleased to meet you and, even as an American, I'll join in with "Go Canada."
Welcome,
Peder

thanks for the welcome guys. Oh course I stayed up far to late reading this bloody thing and am extremely tired this morning, but I already love it here! Oh to Tim's, because that's the only way I'll make it through today. MMMMMM....coffee.

Prairie_Girl said:
thanks for the welcome guys. Oh course I stayed up far to late reading this bloody thing and am extremely tired this morning, but I already love it here! Oh to Tim's, because that's the only way I'll make it through today. MMMMMM....coffee.

Another chick from Canadia!? :eek:

Should be fun!

Welcome, PG, and hope you find some friends as I have!

:D

Prairie_Girl said:
Wicked by...damnit, I can never remember.

Hi Prairie Girl. Welcome to the forum. BTW, Wicked is by Gregory Maguire (I liked it too). Have you read any of his other books?

Hello Prairie_Girl :)

Funny, I was just looking at Wicked at the book store yesturday. It looked good but I'd not heard anything about it yet.

I had the distinct pleasure of getting Wicked tickets for my birthday this spring, and saw the musical in Toronto March 10th. I cried it was so beautiful. I haven't read Mirror Mirror or Confessions, though they are on my TBR list. I need to reread wicked actually, my aunt has my copy! and the other one got left with my MIL!

Back