• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Knight in town.

astralKnight said:
The only complaint I have about London is the Taxi is too small. Like a toy, I am 6'1". It makes it harder to crawl in and crawl out. lol No offense.

But I bet it would make a great little video..watching you attempt to fold yourself up to get in and out..:D You could be famous!

Ice said:
You can't compare London to Rome :eek: One is beautiful, the other ...

Ice (who grew up in London but fell in love with Rome ;) )

I am not sure if I was extremely lucky. All the British I met. They are all well read, well mannered, well cultured and well educated people.

One example: If I was standing on the street or underground with a map, for sure some resident will approach me and ask me "Now, tell me where are you going? Let me help you with it." Without me asking for help.

They are just ready to offer help any minute. Hospitality is impeccable. Trust me, I do not look lost, either.

Everyone looked content with their lives.

If you've ever come to New York City, you will notice the differences. New York is a money driven city. Quiet sad actually. :eek:

Back