• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Look

I don't mind the new layout, but it's the default style for every single vBulletin board out there. It's not fresh as the last skin was. I thought the brown was nice. :)

Can that skin be made available as an option?

Ahem, where's the edit button,? is says you an edit or rather... Maybe I need new reading glasses or summat, 'cause there's no edit button to click on.

There's a time limit in which you can edit your posts - I think it's 15 minutes if I remember.

Thanks for that Darren, that rule's a bit on the silly side 15 mins,? I'm on a LOT sites not unlike this and there's no such nonsense as that on them, and it is nonsense, ever since my second stroke (ten years ago) my spelling and other things got fecked up on me.

that rule's a bit on the silly side 15 mins,? I'm on a LOT sites not unlike this and there's no such nonsense as that on them, and it is nonsense

No, it makes sense actually.

What that stops is people coming back and changing what they've posted, or erasing entire bits of discussion. Sometimes days, weeks, months, or even years after they may have originally posted.

There's nothing worse than reading through a thread and finding lots of blank spots and edits that make no sense, or responses to something that's no longer there.

The 15 minute edit rule makes lots of sense on many levels.

What that stops is people coming back and changing what they've posted, or erasing entire bits of discussion. Sometimes days, weeks, months, or even years after they may have originally posted.

There's nothing worse than reading through a thread and finding lots of blank spots and edits that make no sense, or responses to something that's no longer there.
It does make sense, in a way. On my forum I've made it a week. But I've seen people come back on another forum and start working through their posts one after the other, just leaving a string of.................. with no idea what was said.

But I've seen people come back on another forum and start working through their posts one after the other, just leaving a string of.................. with no idea what was said.

I hate when people do that. That's why I'm a big fan of quoting.:p

An insurance call centre may just be your dream job.
That just happens to be my most hated job in the history of my job hating.

As regards the new forum, I preferred the old colours. But it does look like the good ol' TBF days, with the blue. And it took ages to get used to the brown (although that could have been speeded up a little by popping more regularly).

I like the '15', '18' etc ratings for PMs. :cool:

I have a question about how to view all the ones that have visited my profile page, it shows the last 7 automatically, then says how many have visited, but I see nothing to click to see the list.
Anyone?

I have a question about how to view all the ones that have visited my profile page, it shows the last 7 automatically, then says how many have visited, but I see nothing to click to see the list.
Anyone?

A. So...I guess no one knows?

B. There is no answer?

C. There is an answer, but it is a deep, dark, given only to the chosen few?

D. All of the above?

E. None of the above?

C. There is an answer, but it is a deep, dark, given only to the chosen few?

....given to those who click ;)

There are some little arrows next to the recent visitors option. Click it to open the list. You can only see a recent history with a maximum of 20 shown. Since we just changed versions of software you may not see who visited before the upgrade.
view visitors.jpg

Ahhh..but that only gives the last few...not the entire list, or what am I not clicking now? :lol:

Ahhh..but that only gives the last few...not the entire list, or what am I not clicking now? :lol:

There's a difference between total views and individuals that visited. Mine shows 16 people that together visited 193 times. Plus I'm sure that a fair number of those are me coming to see my comments (don't know if visits to your own profile count or not).

There's a difference between total views and individuals that visited. Mine shows 16 people that together visited 193 times. Plus I'm sure that a fair number of those are me coming to see my comments (don't know if visits to your own profile count or not).

I suspected as much, thanks Sparky. :)

No, it makes sense actually.

The 15 minute edit rule makes lots of sense on many levels.

Yeah, but it isn't as though the only two choices are 15 minutes and eternity. Some of us are compulsive tinkerers, and 15 minutes doesn't give a lot of scope. Couple of hours would be nice.

Back