• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Profile Option

King Kovifor

Well, Since people are using usernames to talk to people why don't we add a Name: Profile Feild. That shows up in the post-bit. So that it is veiwable. :)

Edit: I thought of some more!

What books have you gotten Published?
Who Published your books?

What do you mean? Their real names? I don't think that's a good idea - if people wanted to use their real names, they would've.

About the publishing - very few members have published, so there would be no need for such an option.

Cheers

Jeremy,

Members can always sign their posts with real names if they want. I see this done a lot on other forums I'm on (i.e. they have user names, but sign with real names).

Otherwise, I think some people are more comfortable sticking with their user names for privacy and other reasons.

ell

Yeah, absolutely, I'd hate anyone to have figured out my real nam.... wait, damn! :D

A couple of years ago, the forum had a policy of people joining had to use their real names ... i think this stopped shortly after I joined. (You'll notice a few of them are still around, Ell, Martin, Kaz, myself, and a few others).

Phil :)

Like the others have said, the option to use your own name is there if you want it. Personally I'm not comfortable giving out my name over the internet (unless its on forums where I actually know most of the members).

Martin said:
What do you mean? Their real names? I don't think that's a good idea - if people wanted to use their real names, they would've.

About the publishing - very few members have published, so there would be no need for such an option.

Cheers
Not the WHOLE name. Just their first name. like Name: Jeremy

phil_t said:
Yeah, absolutely, I'd hate anyone to have figured out my real nam.... wait, damn! :D

A couple of years ago, the forum had a policy of people joining had to use their real names ... i think this stopped shortly after I joined. (You'll notice a few of them are still around, Ell, Martin, Kaz, myself, and a few others).

Phil :)

Not only you, me too.
My nick name = me real name. ;)

I miss all of you!! <sobs>

However, now that I'm back and in somewhat of posting freefall, I want to clarify that statement by saying that you all smell of cheese :)

Welcome back Kaz!! :D

Phil

Back