• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Student

True@1stLight

Literally and figuaratively the student. Heading into my Sr. year of undergrad at the wrinkled old age of 21. Just began to seriously get into and begin to understand good literature in the past few years. Glad to have found an active book forum with some crazy people in it ;)

Just for some info....
I am majoring in Poli Sci and Philsophy with a Pre-Law emphasis. I"m on the baseball team and love most sports as well as poker, chess, and RTS video games. And of course I love books! WHO DOESN'T?!
Fav Authors: Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Hemmingway
Least : Most every Modern American writer !! Someone open my eyes and show me the light of present day authors plz :) I would love to hear some suggestions I posted a thread in fiction on it.

And I work at Barnes and Noble in the Quad Cities so if anyone needs a book I get 30% off :cool:
Look forward to many late nate discussions with you all!!

"A thing is true at first light and a lie by noon and you have no more respect for it than for the lovely, perfect weed fringed lake you see across the sun-baked plain. You have walked across that plain in the morning and you know that no such lake is there. But now it is there absolutely true, beautiful and believable."

Welcome! Thanks for joining us! :)

I'm sure you'll get PLENTY of suggestions on authors to try out around here. I cannot tell you how many books are now on my To Be Read (TBR) list thanks to this crew. LOL

Welcome! Tigress is right, you're sure to get tons of suggestions. What sorts of fiction do you enjoy?

Hope you have fun here!

Howdy and welcome! I mentioned a good reference guide to modern authors in the other thread, it's a few years out of date but very informative about contemporary authors, their style, and synopses of their books.

Litany said:
HEY! Trix are for kids.

You'll have to speak up. I don't think Wabbit heard you.

Oh, and welcome to your True home. You'll like it , damn it!

RaVeN

Back