• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Nice forum for book lovers

Sin

Hello everyone.
This is my first post here - just to see how it works.

I love reading but my busy lifestyle doesn't leave me enough time for that. With a full time job and two lively boys at home it's quite a challenge to find time for my hobby.
Another factor is that English is not my native language so I read much slower then an average reader here.
These factors dictate what kind of books I choose for reading. When in a bookshop or library I pick them by weight, and when shopping online by number of pages :)
So I tend to read shorter novels and stories because only that is achievable for me.
I have just finished Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut, and I am currently reading Brave New World Revisited by Aldous Huxley. I really enjoyed Vonnegut. I laughed aloud several times while reading it. I like Huxley's opinions about the modern world but it's much more difficult to read it. I have to reach for a dictionary from time to time :)

What I expect from this forum is mostly to get new ideas what to read next.
So thanks in advance for all good recommendations.

Welcome Sin. As you will find, we have many members whose first language is not English so you will fit in just fine. We're a nice bunch and don't bite...much.

So does the reading occur before or after the two little ones retire for the evening? For me, it's afterwards. I can try to read before that, but it can't be too deep.

Well, it's usually in the evening, which is a better alternative then watching bad news on TV.
But sometimes I manage to read during the day. For instance when I take them to sport activities on Saturday I can read there for about 1 hour while waiting for them. Then sometimes I read while traveling to work.

Back