• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Nothing

Zero times something is nothing. Zero factorial is not nothing. Something to the zero power is not nothing. Having nothing means having nothing to lose. I have nothing more to say.

tundra said:
Zero times something is nothing. Zero factorial is not nothing. Something to the zero power is not nothing. Having nothing means having nothing to lose. I have nothing more to say.

It's simply too bad you can't divide something by zero and get nothing, but perhaps that's a different thread?

And I thought you had plenty to say,
in a nothing kind of way.

There's a Bob Dylan quote for everything.

Now you're probably wondering by now
Just what this song is all about
What's probably got you baffled more
Is what this thing here is for:
It's nothing
It's something I learned over in England.

mrkgnao said:
Surely you mean there's a Bob Dylan quote for nothing? ;)

*mrkgnao*
I think I meant "There's nothing like a Bob Dylan quote". But now you've got me all confused. My head hurts.

Motokid said:
It's simply too bad you can't divide something by zero and get nothing, but perhaps that's a different thread?

something divided by zero is not nothing, it's undefined. But if it's anything, it's infinity.

Zero times something is nothing.
Zero times something is not nothing, it's zero.
Zero is not nothing, it's a numeral. It is the integer on the number line between positive one and negative one, and postive infinity and negative infinity.
Listen to me, like I know something about this.
I don't.
In fact, I know next to nothing.

I'm currently listening to the Swedish band [ingenting] ([nothing]). Their first album, "ingenting duger" ("nothing's good enough") is quite something.

Back