• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Now Reading

beer good

This may have been mentioned, apologies if that's the case, but what happened to the "Now reading" field that used to be displayed under one's user name?

Weird. I can't see it. I mean, sure I can see it if I click into my (or anyone else's) user profile, but up until a week or so ago you didn't have to do that, it just showed up next to your avatar.

Interesting. I was logged on elsewhere in the building when I first saw this thread and the currently reading part was definately apparent underneath your name. I have since moved rooms and thus changed computers and it is no longer displayed :confused: (this is in the space of 15 minutes).

I'll go back over later and see if it is still apparent on the other machine. I doubt it has anything to do with your user options as I have not changed anything in between logging off over there and logging on in here.

Maybe it has something to do with the forum skin? Having fiddled around a bit, it seems it's only in the "TBF classic" skin that I can't see it. It works with the new brownish (and still garish) "Book and reader style".

That is a definate possibility - I always use the 'classic' skin rather than the newer one when logged in. I may just have been viewing 'Today's Posts' earlier as oppose to logging in fully.

Maybe it has something to do with the forum skin? Having fiddled around a bit, it seems it's only in the "TBF classic" skin that I can't see it. It works with the new brownish (and still garish) "Book and reader style".
It looks as though you are right :) I just logged out and viewed this topic as a guest (using the newer skin) and it is definately visible there. I'll drop Darren a PM and ask if he can look into this :cool:

I don't mind the brown so much as having so much of the screen stolen by other stuff. It looks cluttered. :(

So how long did it take you to get used to it?

I'd say it took about a month or so for me to get used to the new color scheme. I never objected to the brown; its the funny aqua color that bothered me most. When I realised I could change the scheme to the old traditional tbf colors, I decided I liked the new style just fine.

It looks a bit odd having the posts stretched across the entire page (this is TBF classic) - I can't remember if something used to go down the side, or if I'd just started getting used to the brown splodge.

Would you remove the brown strip, or put some more content into it?

Probably get rid of it completely. The bookshelves options just bounce me back to the front page and if I want to navigate through the forum, I'll navigate through the forum, so it's a little pointless. The contact details are at the bottom of the page anyway, so then just bung the 'about' and 'advertising' links down there too and you get back a big chunk of space.

If the menu options were more useful then they should scroll down the page with me so it's not just dead space. A handy menu at the side of the page isn't very handy if I have to scroll to get to it and by the time I'm at the top of the page where I can see it again then I can use the forum buttons anyway. Seems redundant.

Back