• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ode to a retired beer tester

Though her beard may be delightful
And her hygiene simply frightful
Freya is quite meek
And she'd rather eat a leek

If not before. That reminds me. I should get an eyeball crocheted in plenty of time for the knitting show. Not that I know anyone going there that wants an eyeball because we've certainly never met before.

I'd just like to point out that my birthday is in November, and it never stops me getting into the festive spirit.

Enough of this nonsense. This is a poetry thread for poetry people, not plagiarists and fussy tennants.

The sky
Is really big
I ate a pie
And now so am I

That's brilliant. Sounds like my kind of poetry. Doesn't rhyme..and pointless. I didn't know there was such a fabulous poetry thread lurking about..

Tundra is probably one of those weirdos that thinks nothing rhymes with orange.

Orange. Tangerine. See? Easy.

I'd just like to point out that my birthday is in November, and it never stops me getting into the festive spirit.
Ah, besides the beard (mine's a mere stubble, but it's hair all the same), we do have something else in common. Come Nov, shall we party and drink and frolick in some rented islands somewhere?

I'll bring some beer. And some bad poetry to charm the ladies.

ds

Tundra is probably one of those weirdos that thinks nothing rhymes with orange.

Orange. Tangerine. See? Easy.

Ok, ok so it rhymes. I was half asleep...

I think I was looking at the first two lines when I wrote that (which don't rhyme)..thinking it was free verse and lovely.

Ah, besides the beard (mine's a mere stubble, but it's hair all the same), we do have something else in common. Come Nov, shall we party and drink and frolick in some rented islands somewhere?

I'll bring some beer. And some bad poetry to charm the ladies.

ds

What date? Does that mean you're a Scorpio like me? Scorpio's the bestest star sign.

I can't believe I missed this thread.
Litany, please give us another poem, oh go on.
I tried, and the best I could come up with is;

I bought a book
gave it a quick look
tossed it in the nook
just couldn't give a fook.

It lacks the artistry of your work - so please do show me how it's done.

It's a cross between a book and a fork. The less successful cousin of the spork.

Where is my inspiration for my next masterpiece? Ooh. I still haven't made that eyeball. I'm going to get in trouble. :(

Back