• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ode to a retired beer tester

How can it be your poem? We haven't seen each other for years. I must have received it via a psychic link. I'll try another poem... Ehem:

Badger, Badger, causing fright
With thy pointy sticks of might
Behold the skill with which they fly
Time and space they do defy

Badger, Badger, dancing free
Shimmy with abandoned glee
Spinning round and waving paws
Just beware her sharpened claws

Better?

Freya, what a delightful welcome! Do you welcome all complete strangers who have never before clapped eyes on your silky soft beard in this way?

And Litany, why are you trying to claim credit for someone elses poems? Seems a bit mean really. Why do you try and write one of your own? I'm sure it won't be as good as Freya's, but it's the trying that counts.

No, not all, only ones who shimmy as daintily as yourself.

I think it's time for another poem, written entirely by me:

There once was a badger named danger
Who did do some smut with a stranger
She discarded her bra
Chucked it out of a car
And it landed upon a park ranger!

Little bit racy that one, eh?

Litany was right! You're a thief! I did write that poem all by myself without any help from a growed up and now you've stoled it!

Listen, even if I did steal it, which I didn't, if you look very closely I would have edited it a little bit, which I didn't because I didn't steal it, and that would make it all ok. And I'm sure THOUSANDS of people would back me up on this. Don't make me prove it.

You have a very cavalier attitude to the theft of intellectual property. Would you also be so care free if someone were to scoop your brains out with a spoon.

:mad: He's so angry he turned red!

Anyway, it's not my fault I found something that expressed my exact sentiments about Badgerchops on one of my intensive Google searches. Is it? I didn't think anyone would mind. Maybe you're all just overly sensitive.

Cheers :D

Enough of this nonsense. This is a poetry thread for poetry people, not plagiarists and fussy tennants.

The sky
Is really big
I ate a pie
And now so am I

Freya, Freya
Badger slayer
Her long beard
Leaves me afeared
Is she mental
With a brain like a lentil?
All I know is that I love her.

Oh Freya, she denies
But there is murder in her eyes
Will her wrath be focussed on me?
Or another woodland creature be her tea?
All I know is that I fear her.

Back