• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ok folks, who are our smokers and who are our non smokers?

While we're talking about addictions, last night I found a whole roll of peppermint Certs I'd forgotten:D My purse has a hole in the lining, and all my pens find their way through it, and as I was fishing them out, I found this wandering roll, leftover from Sunday morning when I bought 4 rolls before church..I just got up and locked my door so I wouldn't have to share:p A vice is a vice is a vice..

I'm closing in on 4 years, tobacco free. And I did it patch free, gum free, cold turkey. I'm happy I quit, and I feel 10000% better - but let me tell you...
Anybody here read Lucifer's Hammer? How about, Alas Babylon? Well, in these books, things happen that pretty much wipe out civilzation as we know it. If I found out that were really about to happen, I'd go straight to the store and get me a pack of good old Marlboros, not the wimpy light ones or medium ones, just the original red and white pack (soft or hard pack, I used to switch back and forth there) and have me a smoke fest. AND some regular high fructose Coca Cola would go down pretty nice too.
Then I'd stock up on guns and ammo, dried food, and any type of survival stuff I could think of, just in case I managed to survive the apocalypse and had to quit again.
GOD I want a smoke.......

Libre, it has been over 10 years for me and I would still enjoy a cigarette. However, the craving is much less and keeps declining each year.

For those that think it is not addictive, someone is blowing "smoke" at you. :)

Oh, btw, thanks StillILearn.

I'm out twenty-five years now, and I can no longer even remember what it was that I was seeking in those things! I ask myself, "Were they uppers or were they downers? In other words, did they relax me and calm me down or did they give me 'renewed pep and energy'?"

I don't even remember anymore! And didn't I even miss having air in my lungs?

I do recall that my bathroom towels stank of cigarette smoke back then -- even to me, but I was also taking ampehtamines (we called them "diet pills"), and the two of them seem to go hand-in-hand in my memory.

What is left of it.

:rolleyes:

I'm a non smoker and i detest the smell of smoke and how the smallest whiff gets into my nose. I do have to add however that i deplore the use of increase taxation on cigs as a form of forcing people to quit for it's become about the mere money landing in gov. funds. In Ireland we have a smoking ban which is lovely for when i'm at the pub i still am against it in principal.

What happened to the possibility of sometimes smokers and sometimes not? Why does it fall under the table?

you get what you deserve!! the only thing that's important is that you enjoyed it and that you don't regret anything, because regret makes life awful long...

honeydevil said:
What happened to the possibility of sometimes smokers and sometimes not? Why does it fall under the table?
It's the nature of addiction. Smoking is, by its nature, addictive. Smokers, by their nature, have addictive tendencies. Put the two together, you have an addiction. Once someone is under the power of an addiction, it is an all-or-none proposition for the vast majority.

Back