• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Old Christmas Threads (gifts, well wishes, etc)

sad on christmas eve

well im officially sad!

me and my husband just had a fight like an hour ago. now im sad and the days getting into a slump. :(

heres why: as we drove to get some movies, i looked in the glove compartment, i found cortislim! he bought it behind my back. a while back he wanted to buy it i told him its a waste of money that theres no reason to since all it does is lower your appetite. well why pay 50 bucks just to lower your appetite for 30 days!
its 60 pills, you take 2 a day.....
now what i got upset about is how it was a waste of money, how he never told me, and if something happend id never know what it is that caused it since i dont know what he had been taking! now hes mad at me for over reacting and making him feel bad that he got it behind my back! i mean should i be upset over this or not? why is he mad at me? i dont understand. i told him many many times, because of his acid reflux he cant take certain things like this cause it effects his stomach. i try to get him a healthier diet, and get him to excercise every other dya. but instead he wants to buy some pills that lower his cravings for crappy foods, no excercise no healthier eating, and whats the point of talking those pills. its dumb! he wont listen to me, and in the mean time he says hes sick to his stomach alot from al the bad foods he eats! yet he wont change cause he dont want to. and hes too lazy! im fed up with it! i cant change him, so i sit back and watch him feel sick alot from not eating right. i get sad casue he wont listen to me. i in a circle....and he said im over reacting! :mad: bullshit!

You ahve the right to be mad, but I just advise not to be too harsh. My girlfriend who I am engaged to left me for about a week because of a little fight!

Hey lahondas,

Yeah, it's always quite freaky when you find out that your partner is doing something behind your back (regardless of how small that something is) because it spurs you into thinking: now it's this, but what else...? But whenever a situation like that happens to me, I try and think of why my partner would do something like that in the first place and to try and recall the actions I had taken that made my partner feel as if he had to sneak behind my back. But not before taking a few minutes to sulk in the corner and mutter nasty names about him, of course. :D

Anyway, I hope your Christmas has gotten merrier by now, dear.

Christmas Curse

Every year for the past 20 years of my lufe, I've gotten sick on Christmas Eve. It freaks me out! lol I guess it's just mental because I expect to get sick so I do, but it's still kinda Eerie...

Drizzt Do'Urden said:
ACHOO! Yes, very sick....
Its so annoying when that happens... I'm that way with New Years Eve, but I tend to just drink it all away... maybe you should try that.

Drizzt Do'Urden said:
Drunk meself silly as they say
Silly would be nice... I tend to drink myself stupid and say things I really didn't mean to say, or do strange things in peoples kitchen.

I guess I'm more use to the "Newfy's dozen" now. See, Newfoundlanders have a reputation for drinking, so we call the Newfies Dozen 18 beer cans! lol

Drizzt Do'Urden said:
I guess I'm more use to the "Newfy's dozen" now. See, Newfoundlanders have a reputation for drinking, so we call the Newfies Dozen 18 beer cans! lol
18 beers :eek: That would put me way over just plain stupid,

I see your point entirely, Lahondas, but I would also say that your husband must be feeling pretty bad about himself if he wants to take those pills. :( I think you and he need to sit down together and talk it through calmly. Do you have such a thing as New Year's resolutions in the USA? Maybe you could both resolve to try and eat more healthily in the new year, and support him in that way. Anyway, it's Christmas so I hope you have both kissed and made up! Good luck. :)

Recommendations of Books Related to Christmas

Hello everyone. Please post here at least 3 and at most 10 top and best selling books that are related to Christmas (fic or non-fic doesn't matter). It would be better if you can include your comments on the books. I am so busy I cannot do so now. :)

I go first:
1. The Peterkins' Christmas
2. The autobiography of Santa Claus
3. No place like home
4. Are you an angel?
5. Christmas secrets
6. When Christmas comes
7. The legend of Holly Claus
8. The gift
9. A visit from Sir Nicholas
10. The light of Christmas

Happy Holidays!

well we made up alright!
i remeber that night we made up, i told him i just hate it when he does that, i was sad, i told him i love him and he said sorry, and we exchanged gifts, and everythings fine again.
we are to make a new years resolution, eat better excercise more and keep to it this year coming! i and good at sticking to a plan, not him tho. maybe togheter well do it better. i try hard to keep him eating right.
oh and id never leae him for more than 2 minutes, i couldnt just go away cause im mad at him, it would kill me. and him.

Christmas Gifts

I'm looking for advice about what to buy for my two granddaughters for Christmas.

The older girl is fourteen, and she's what I'd call an avid reader. I know she likes Garth Nix (she's read almost all of his) and that she liked both of Paolini's books. Earlier on she read the HP books until the pages fell out, but I suspect that she's ready to graduate to something more challenging. Can any of you fantasy fans point me in the right direction? What's out there right now for kids like this? (I've already bought her many of what I consider to be the old standards, To Kill a Mockingbird, etc. but she seems to prefer fantasy.)

The other girl is twelve, and is not quite so fierce a reader. She's the one who is just finishing Wicked. :eek: She also recently read Watership Down and The Five People You Meet in Heaven. Next on her list is Kira, Kira. I'd describe her as a 'dogged reader'. ;)

(This twelve year-old is very sentimental and a bit of a mystic at heart. She must have at least a dozen books about spells and witchcraft on her shelf.)

I know there are thousands of Fantasy Threads about, but I'm here begging for some specific recommendations.

Thanks!

:D

Back