• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

[ Old Movies ]

Arabian Gurl

Hello Everyone =]
Do any of you watch Old movies ?
What kind of Old movies ?
If you do.
Could you please mention the Tittle(s) , Year and who acts in it ?

Personally, I absolutely love old movies. I'm talking about 50's to 80's OLD movies.
For Me ..
Breakfast @ Tiffany's (1961).
Sabrina (1954).
Roman Holiday (1953).

I admire Audrey Hepburn. She's My favorite

My favorite old movies are:
Rebel without a Cause (1955)- that generations Requiem for a Dream :)
The Birds (1963)- I studied it in school, loved it...
Fury of the Wolfman (1970)- it's the funniest movie i have seen in a long while (yes i know it's supposed to be scary)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest (1975)- not too old but a classic that must be named

Hello Everyone =]

For Me ..
Breakfast @ Tiffany's (1961).
Sabrina (1954).
Roman Holiday (1953).

I admire Audrey Hepburn. She's My favorite

Man you took the words right out of my mouth. I LOVE Audrey Hepburn!!!! She's been my favorite since I first watched My Fair Lady as a little girl.

Aside from that, My favorite movie of all time is Gone With the Wind.

If I'm just sitting around, I enjoy 80s flicks. I love all of the Brat Pack movies, especially The Breakfast Club and St. Elmo's Fire.

As far as new movies, I enjoy the Harry Potter Series as well as the Pirates movies.

I know, I'm pretty main stream, but I do like an indie every once in a while.

I loooove old movies, especially those with Carole Lombard! My favorites are both classic comedies:

My Man Godfrey (1936) - Carole Lombard and William Powell
It Happened One Night (1934) - Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert

The humor is amazingly modern. Makes you wonder how they got away with it. I hiiiighly recommend them! At least take a peek at their summaries at imdb.com or wikipedia. Very fun storylines. :)

Impressive :)

Mimi :Whoa.You have many favorites =]

stephiebaby: Yaaaaay! I'm Really Happy I'm not the Only Audrey Hepburn Fan here. I Really admire and adore her. Audrey has this certain kindness, grace and perfection about her. I admire the way she managed the sudden pressures she went through in her life.Her humanitarian efforts were endless.Her Roles In Movies and Plays In General are Terrific ! She's such a great role-model for absolutely anyone.

Cassandra fl:I Promise I'll Check 'em Out and Tell You what do I Think =]

The Great Dictator (1940) - Charlie Chaplin is great in this; it goes without saying that it's a comedy. It's about Hitler.
The Manchurian Candidate (1962) - Apparently, not many people liked this when it came out, because Frank Sinatra plays a "bad guy", but Mummy and I love it. Definitely not a comedy.
Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) - It has Cary Grant and Peter Lorre; what's not to love? It's another comedy.
The Maltese Falcon (1941) - Who doesn't love this?
Young Frankenstein (1974) - Not really very old, but it's just so good that I can't leave it behind. Besides, you all started it by mentioning a movie with Gene Wilder.

We just finished watching Cinema Paradiso last night. The movie itself is not that old (80s?) but the entire film is a tribute to old movies and the magic world they created for a little boy in Italy.

Of "real" old movies I remember many with fondness:
Gone with the Wind
Little Women - the Katherine Hepburn version
Intermezzo - Ingrid Bergman
Pygmalion - Leslie Howard
Harvey - James Stewart and a rabbit

My favorite old movie would be The Day The Earth Stood Still from the 50's. Not a lot of action, but a good commentary on nuclear weapons at the time.

My favorite old film is Bonnie and Clyde, hands down. Others I enjoy are:

All the President's Men
The Sting
Breakfast at Tiffany's
and like someone else mentioned, Young Frankenstein.

I've just recently started to watch and enjoy some of the older movies. Some of my favorites include:

The Apartment (1960)
The Fortune Cookie (1966)
Rear Window (1954)
North By Northwest (1959)

But my all-time favorite is 12 Angry Men (1957)

one of my favorites.
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane-Bette Davis (1962)
The Birds
Psycho (1960)

All I can say, is why have none of you said Midnight Cowboy?

You can't have seen it, that's all I can think. It's hillarariously funny, gut-wrenchingly sad and has some brilliant music 'Everybody's Talkin' is just one of great tracks.

Come on, it won twelve Oscars!

All I can say, is why have none of you said Midnight Cowboy?

Probably because it's the WORST movie ever made! At least, in my opinion. :flowers:
I wonder if we're thinking of the same Midnight Cowboy?

Some of my favourite oldies are:

The Adventures of Robin Hood - 1938
My Fair Lady - 1964
The Sound of Music - 1963
Singin' In the Rain - 1952
Brigadoon - 1954

Can you tell I'm into the musicals?

My all time favorite old flick is Lawrence of Arabia. To be honest, I can't watch it if I am too tired, because it is very long, and often times very slow, but that is what I love about it. The direction of the film really makes you feel like you are in a real desert setting. Not to mention, the music soundtrack is absolutely brilliant!

I saw film about Sabrina (1954). I like it so much. This story about young beautiful woman and her boyfriend.

I've watched a REALLY good one,when Clint Eastwood was in his prime as "Dirty Harry". The movie was in the early 70's I think.

I like classic movies, but sometimes it seems like I haven't seen the ones that are quite popular which you think that I should have seen by now... Oh well.

Anywho, my favorites are as follows:
Gone with the Wind
Cleopatra
Dr. Strangelove
La Belle et la Bete
The Godfather

Back