• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Only in America... :-D

They were just talking about this phenomenon on the radio - how people are starting to treat their pets more and more like children. In fact, one of the folks who called into the program runs a doggie daycare where the pets get a "report card" outlining their behavior.

The theory on why this is happening is that people are staying childless longer and are using pets as dry-runs for parenting OR if they cannot have children, they choose to treat a pet as a child. Pets are great little companions, especially if you are alone.

I don't mind admitting that the stroller wouldn't be such a bad thing for me (the cat lady). Beats trying to teach 'em how to walk on a leash.

$250.00 !!!!!

Holy cheeze whiz, I gotta get working on my deep fried candy bars...

What about putting them on a stick like a lollipop?

deep fried snickers on a stick....

You Buy It - We Fry It L.L.C.

SillyWabbit said:
Just remember... you heard it here first! The birth of a fried candy bar empire :D

out of curiosity, how did you stuble on this, looking for something to walk your penguins, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

You have to be careful when you title a thread, "Only in America..." (or any other country). Some may take offense to it. There are a lot of Amereicans who not like what is plastered all over the world. Some are extremely against all that.

You can title the thread in a more contructive way, other than attaching a country's name to it. What if someone posted, "Only in the UK...", and displayed a degrading photo? Would you take offense to that? I would say so.

Just be cautious when titling your thread. It hurts some people.

If you or anybody else is offended by that then you have a problem. I hate all that PC crap :p

And no, I don't care if anybody posts about the UK. Firstly, it's a lump of dirt. Secondly, I have what is called "a sense of humour" Have a look on ebay for one!

Dammit wabbit, you beat me to it. I was just going to say that it wouldn't take long before you where in here to say that you don't have any special feeling towards the UK.

BTW they don't have a sense of humor for sale at ebay, I was looking for one to myself.

crosstitcher30, you're quite new to this forum, so you need to look at a few things.

#1) the thread was started by a moderator.

#2) if the thread is in humor you can get away with quite a lot

#3) most of those posting here are very aware of what's offensive

#4) I'm born and raised here in America so I have every right to poke fun at my country, and be ashamed of my country, and be proud of my country.

Most threads like this are done in humor.

What in this thread do you find offensive, or do you think somebody else might find offensive?

If I run across something in the news that warrents a thread titled only in Australia, or something like that, you better believe I'll post it.

Back