• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Original Soundtracks

turque

Whish is in your oppinion the best Movie Original Soundtrack??

I might say, my three choices are:

The Full Monty
The Piano
Only You

i can't say which ones are the best, but three good ones are
City of Angels
Cruel Intentions and
Romeo + Juliet

Well... I don't know... I supposed it confused me. I mean, sometimes there are two soundtracks for one movie... "original score for [blah blah blah]" & "music from the movie [blah...]"... :confused: What do you think "Turque" meant?

House of Flying Daggers
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Garden State (if it counts -- some of the music wasn't written for the movie)

Kookamoor said:
What's your definition of "original"?

I thought they meant original soundtrack as in score... Like not putting existing songs together, but by creating new ones.

If it's the last:
Requiem for a Dream and a lot of musicals.

Libra6Poe said:
Well... I don't know... I supposed it confused me. I mean, sometimes there are two soundtracks for one movie... "original score for [blah blah blah]" & "music from the movie [blah...]"... :confused: What do you think "Turque" meant?
Although Turque did specify "original", I'm not sure that he meant that to comply with your definition (which I agree with, btw) because he listed 'The Full Monty' and 'Only You', both of which contain songs that were previously released.

If we are talking 'original' soundtracks, I nominate Dances With Wolves - I can't believe I didn't bring this one up earlier. I just adore the overture at the beginning. I played this in my high school orchestra and have loved it ever since.

Well, if we are going with original musical scores, the ones that come to mind offhand are:
Gladiator
Kingdom of Heaven
The Last Samurai
House of Flying Daggers

Oh... as I see, there are two kinds of movie soundtracks... well... I was refering to "the music from the movie"... did not know that a soundtrack (I do not have any at home!) could contain songs that are not in the movie... I had the Ghost sountrack many years ago and it contained a lot of songs that were played on the movie! ;-)
Anyway, please mention both from now on... I am interested in both! TNX!

could contain songs that are not in the movie...
Umm... I believe that the songs are in the movie... the difference is (I think) that a regular soundtrack has songs from the movie that were produced before the movie and just used in it... (ugh. me write pretty -too damn early). And the original soundtrack contains songs that were composed specifically for the movie. :confused: Does that make sense. :confused: f***. Can't explain very well. Some else please take over.

Aham, now I see what you mean...

If I make a movie and useone of Enya's song and one composed by you (I would pay for the song, don't get mad! :D ) the first one goes to the Soundtrack and yours to the OST, right? :))

Back