• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Overwhelmed

I really should read all the books I've bought before buying new ones but I can't help buying new books, sometimes I just have to have it you know...:eek:

No, you shouldn't. What will happen if you find yourself trapped in the house with no internet or TV? A true reader must always have at least 30 days of unread reading material on hand at any moment; Stewart has 90 days.

Someone should invent one of those mind-load devices, like the one in "The Matrix" where they download a bunch of martial arts technique books into Neo's brain and after a few seconds, he says, "Whoa! I know kung fu!"

That's what I need, too.

Someone should invent one of those mind-load devices....

I hope not. Occasionally it would be good to have the book downloaded quickly, but not usually. I enjoy the process of reading too much to want to skip it. An "instant book" would be like instant sex, inescapable sometimes, but not as much fun as the complete process.

Not a mind-loading device, but the Vulcan Mind Meld would be cool to use on objects, like books, the full experience.

Silverseason...true, true. :D

I cannot make up my mind on what to read, Everytime i am reading something its always a race to move on to the next book quickly cause ..., and whatever i choose is not good enof cause there is always something better or more important or a classic.

This is what I accidentally discovered. I made a list of 5 books to read. And I was doing well, til I started the fifth book. I had a very hard time trying to start it. So, I snuck in another book on the list and dropped the 5th book to the next book to read on the list. I actually do not want to read the 5th book. (I do but I rather not - I can't decide). So, if you have had a book that you could not start, then make a list with that book somewhere, then sneak in the other books in between. Then take your time with the book you have in your hand so you can delay picking up the '5th book.' :D

Back