• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Panic! At the Disco

Vespertilio91

Has anyone ever heard of or listened to Panic! At the Disco. I know their name sounds like a old retro band, but they are really good. Their music is catchy and I always seem to have I write Sins not Tradgedies stuck in my head.

I only discovered them earlier this year, but now, I listen to them often. They're music is rock, alternative or alt. punk. It's tunes are fast-paced and the lyrics are understandable and awesome, unlike some new metal bands that only scream. Not as hard as most modern rock, but still great all the way.

Anyone got comments or questions?

Has anyone ever noticed the similarities between some of Panic! At The Discos' lyrics and Chuck Palahniuk's novels?

I bet they've stolen or at least got inspiration for their lyrics from him!

I have their album but it sounds too samey and reads too gimmicky. What ever happened to the art of an introduction? Each song just jumps straight into an e-number tinged rock that, ultimately, goes nowhere.

I agree with Stewart with 'gimmicky'. I gave 'A Fever You Can't Sweat Out' a listen upon recommendation by a friend and was extremely dissapointed.

I respect that you and others like them, but I doubt they'll even get past a first album.

Okay, well, you guys may not know, but Panic! at the Disco has been really doing well this year and last among people my age (teenagers). I would not be surprised if they came out with quite a few more albums, but hey, we all see different demographics and mine is just that type of one. Okay bye.

-Joey

Hey, I liked The Darkness. They were awesome

Did they break up?

Oh, Panic at the Disco... I liked the songs I heard on the radio, but that got old real quick. Suffice to say, I am not a fan.

Only one of their songs has been on the radio. The rest of the CD is better than that one song, IMO.

As for The Darkness, I'm not sure, but I haven't heard anything from them in a long time.

As for The Darkness, I'm not sure, but I haven't heard anything from them in a long time

I was kidding :). The way they were being discussed made it sound as if the group disbanded. The Darkness put out an album last year, One Way Ticket to Hell... and Back.

Oh, yeah, I remember that. It was on TV, the wonderful thing my entire life centers on. ^^ Yeah, it wasn't that great. I didn't buy it because I didn't like how it sounded.

From the title I thought this was a thread about Electric 6.
As in panic at the disco, panic at the taco bell, danger danger high vole-tage.

I don't like them. I was extremely surprised when The Dresden Dolls headlined for them, but they got a nice music video out of it. I think quite a lot of Dresden Doll fans were shocked and disapointed at the combination of the two, but the video is a nice way of playing on the sentiments of the fans of the two bands.

I have their album but it sounds too samey and reads too gimmicky. What ever happened to the art of an introduction? Each song just jumps straight into an e-number tinged rock that, ultimately, goes nowhere.

i completely agree.

didn't the panic at the disco phase die off? i haven't seen any myspace names [FIRST NAME] at the disco! lately

admittedly, i did get addicted to a couple of songs for literally two weeks. after that i couldn't stand the music. its catchy, yes, but completely feeds the teenager mainstream music spectrum. PANIC at the Disco! basically substitutes the lack of pop boy bands.

I kinda see what you mean. But I do have to argue that most of their songs delve deeper than what the surface suggests...sometimes. Lying is the most... was really a stupid song. :D

The next P!ATD craze will come when their new cd hits the charts. I don't know when that is though. :D

I loved the song I write sins not Tradegies! Its good. I have it on my ipod, and the last song that i was listening to was that.

Back