• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pathetic

leckert

Well, it's Friday night. The moment we have all been waiting for. (at least those of us with Monday through Friday jobs).

I took my 10-year old daughter to see the new "Bad News Bears". I love Billy Bob, and thought he would make a great Buttermaker.

He did.

It was a little raunchy, and I was uncomfortable a couple of times with the sexual inuendo, but it was over her head (I hope!), and she laughed her heiney off at all the "bad words", so it was cool.

Now she is in bed, with mom. I am sitting in front of this friggin' box typing messages to complete strangers (none stranger than SirMyk! :D) and debating whether I want to watch "Ladderr 49" or just put on ESPN and go to sleep on the couch (which is the end result, no matter which I choose!) but the Nat's lost the first game with Florida (by one run, again!), so I really don't want to see that.

I'm out of beer, and too lazy to go get any more. I'm down to half a pack of smokes, and none of my buddies are online here (Jenn? Moto? SirMyk? Ronny? Robert?) I guess ya'll have better things to do on a Friday night! Shit, Jazzman isn't even around for me to get pissed at! :D

I have thought about putting my head in the oven, but it is electric, and I would just end up singeing my eyebrows and catching my shirt on fire, so I'll skip that.

My novel is finished (sort of), and needs to ferment for a while, so that's out.

I don't have any Moto-esque world-shaking questions to ask, so I guess I'll just whine a little.

Maybe I'll make a cup of coffee in my new "Bad Ass" mug, then go to the GEICO website and watch that stupid ass lizard do the robot.

:(

Peace, Out.

I'm here, HI :) , I am stuck home trying to pack up for my usual weekend trip to my mom's. Since my husband has been gone I spend a lot of time with my parents or his. My son likes it, he gets spoiled rotten and it's sometimes fun I run into many old school friends, grandma sits on my son awhile and I get out of the house but I hate the drive. I do have a new car so it is fun when there's not much traffic which is rare.

Glad to hear you finished the novel (first draft?). How many words did you end with? It's a good idea to let it sit in a drawer for a while... I do that with all of my work, thanks to Stevey King's advice.

I am also glad to read that others think of me as strange. I thought I was the only one...

I also thought I was the only one typing away at my keyboard on a Friday night. Long week...

Ronny said:
...grandma sits on my son awhile and I get out of the house
Does she actually sit on your son?

If he's being naughty she has been known to sit on him and tickle till he pleads or pees. She did that to us too and we came out ok :)

sirmyk said:
Glad to hear you finished the novel (first draft?). How many words did you end with? It's a good idea to let it sit in a drawer for a while... I do that with all of my work, thanks to Stevey King's advice.

I am also glad to read that others think of me as strange. I thought I was the only one...

I also thought I was the only one typing away at my keyboard on a Friday night. Long week...

Does she actually sit on your son?

I'm right at 55k at the moment. I think I will need to add some stuff to it, but all the heavy lifting is done.

It is amazing after a week or so how differently it reads. I guess when you let the jets cool a little, your head clears some and you can read more objectively.

I'm going to send it to my brother (my sanity check) next week. I have a couple of friends in my wife's family who will give me some "honest" feedback. Though not blunt or always on target, they can usually pick out stupid crap (like time going backwards, and names changing and the stupidity that happens. you know!)

Definitely a long week! I didn't see anyone logged on until after I posted this thread. Glad to be joined!

I have always viewed strange as a good thing.

well, as i just pm'd to leckert , i'm freaked out!!!!! i just watched donnie darko, not a scary movie except for frank, the bunny and i am alone and a bit drunk and so have all the lights on in the house and i can't find my fucking dog.

great movie though.

mmmm macchiato....

That is scary, I'm making it a point not to watch any scary movies till Jeff gets back in Sept. Then I can freak myself out :eek:

it's not a scary movie, except for frank. and if i wasn't alone i would be in deep thought about the movie. but as it is i am trapped in my kitchen by the thought of frank hanging out in my bathroom.

Could you imagine being a kid and seeing that? You'd be terrified every easter sunday.

leckert said:
Isn't that something you light and throw through a window?
No... that's called a wife.

I always send my first drafts to my two brothers; they can usually find all the dumb crap I so often over look. I once had my main character's name change from Julie to Jessica somewhere in the middle of the novel. And then there's all the technicle stuff that needs research, and the embarassing typos, like "Everyone needs a good hoe to come back to" instead of "home"... that was a big doozie. My wife makes a good first reader as well; she's a spelling freak. My aunt makes for a great grammarian nazi. My sister makes a great source for medical information... I probably have half a dozen friends and relatives read my work before I start my second draft, and then my third, fourth...

sirmyk said:
No... that's called a wife.

I always send my first drafts to my two brothers; they can usually find all the dumb crap I so often over look. I once had my main character's name change from Julie to Jessica somewhere in the middle of the novel. And then there's all the technicle stuff that needs research, and the embarassing typos, like "Everyone needs a good hoe to come back to" instead of "home"... that was a big doozie. My wife makes a good first reader as well; she's a spelling freak. My aunt makes for a great grammarian nazi. My sister makes a great source for medical information... I probably have half a dozen friends and relatives read my work before I start my second draft, and then my third, fourth...

Yeah, that's pretty much my process, too. This is the tedium of the craft that I hate.

wife! HA! (rof-hmn-lmao)!

Back