• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pearl Jam

SFG75

Just purchased their latest album after reading a good Rolling Stone article on the group lately. Reviews have been excellent as this one is said to be their best one in years(if you suffered through Vitology, that says a lot) "World Wide Suicide" is an anti-war ballad featuring some memorable lines, excellently written. "Unemployable" is about a man who is up to his neck in debt and comes to see that only others profit. The sound on this one is excellent and I can't help but think of Tom Joad or someone like that in this track. "Army Reserve" is one of the better tracks as well, it deals with a female soldier being sent off to war with a concerned husband and child still at home-very moving if you pay attention to the lyrics. Any thoughts on this one?

I think it's their best since Yield. Life Wasted, Worldwide Suicide and Come Back are my faves. I've always been a fan of their slow stuff. Their recent Storytellers concert on VH1 was good as well.

lenny nero said:
Their recent Storytellers concert on VH1 was good as well.

I'm glad to hear this. I have it recorded to the DVR, but have not had a chance to watch it yet. I haven't bought this album (in fact, I haven't bought a PJ album since High School). However, I've given it some consideration. I've heard it is a fantastic album, and I've also heard it mentioned as "the best musical social commentary in years". I DVRed the special hoping to hear some of the new songs and their political views as well.

The lines are great, yeah... if only one could understand them as they're sung. Sometimes Eddie Vedder is as unintelligible as Bob Dylan. But the music is good. Nothing like Ten, though. Or Animal. Or Vitalogy. But still better than all those other albums they came out with between then and now.

I DVRed the special hoping to hear some of the new songs and their political views as well.
You shouldn't be disappointed then. My only complaint is that there wasn't enough music in that hour, I mean between commercials and the interviews and band commentary, they only get through 5 or 6 songs. The 2 new ones they sing are Gone and Worldwide Suicide. They also do Betterman, Alive(great intro to this one), and I forget the others.

Back