• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Personal freedom. What is it?

VestnikRA

"Personal freedom is impossible without economic freedom. A working family, even one living in a modern city apartment, cannot be free, dependent as it is on an employer who determines one’s salary, on utility companies with the power to supply or withhold heat, water and electricity, on the availability of groceries and on the prices of food products and consumer services. The family is slave to all of these, and the children in such a family are born into a slave mentality."

-- Vladimir Megre, from Book 5 "Who Are We?" of the Ringing Cedar series of Books

Any comments?

Personal Freedom

Wow!! Those books look so lovely. Makes me want to enter their cover and leave this world for awhile.

Thanks
liketoread

So true. There are many things that I wish I had the freedom to do, but without having a good job, that is impossible. I spend too much money, and now I am always getting into trouble. (Most of that money was spent on books too. lol) I told my boyfriend to just lock me up until this economic crisis is over so that I won't spend anymore money. I should have enough books to hold me over till then.

I have the very first edition of book 1 "Anastasia" (translated in English and published in 2002) on my computer. If you don't mind to read books from computer screen, please send me a private message with your email and will send you the book.

"Personal freedom is impossible without economic freedom. A working family, even one living in a modern city apartment, cannot be free, dependent as it is on an employer who determines one’s salary, on utility companies with the power to supply or withhold heat, water and electricity, on the availability of groceries and on the prices of food products and consumer services. The family is slave to all of these, and the children in such a family are born into a slave mentality."

-- Vladimir Megre, from Book 5 "Who Are We?" of the Ringing Cedar series of Books

Any comments?
Yes,many.

First of all,I was looking through the Space of Love page where the books are being sold and I find it a bit odd that someone who preaches "love" is actually selling it.

Second,in Book VIII. Part 1. The New Civilization,it says that "yet another visit by Vladimir Megre to Anastasia and their son"...does thi mean Vladimir leaves them and comes back or is he an entity? Is this like a do over of God and Mary?

Third,with words like reincarnating and new world it reminds me of a cultlike thinking.

I am all for someone who has found inner peace and wants to spread love to others,but making money off of the love you are spreading is a bit odd,but then again,the author is himself a slave to this world,gotta make money.

First of all,I was looking through the Space of Love page where the books are being sold and I find it a bit odd that someone who preaches "love" is actually selling it.

I am not selling the books, they are sold by people on Amazon.com and many of them are sold second hand for cheaper price.

Second,in Book VIII. Part 1. The New Civilization,it says that "yet another visit by Vladimir Megre to Anastasia and their son"...does thi mean Vladimir leaves them and comes back or is he an entity? Is this like a do over of God and Mary?

Vladimir Megre is a real person and yes, he visits Anastasia and his son (and daughter) time by time, because he can't live in taiga and for Anastasia it is essential to stay in her Space of Love.

Third,with words like reincarnating and new world it reminds me of a cultlike thinking.

What is cult? Give me your definition please.

I am all for someone who has found inner peace and wants to spread love to others,but making money off of the love you are spreading is a bit odd,but then again,the author is himself a slave to this world,gotta make money.

We all are slaves of this world more or less so it is no wonder that people make money for life from what they do. The way suggested by Anastasia is one of the possible ways to become free.

I am not selling the books, they are sold by people on Amazon.com and many of them are sold second hand for cheaper price..
I know that,I didn't say you were selling them,you are promoting them.

Vladimir Megre is a real person and yes, he visits Anastasia and his son (and daughter) time by time, because he can't live in taiga and for Anastasia it is essential to stay in her Space of Love. .
What does Vladimir do while Anastasia stays in her Space?

What is cult? Give me your definition please..
Cult:
"Cult definitions coined from 1920 onward refer to a cohesive social group and their devotional beliefs or practices, which the surrounding population considers to be outside of mainstream cultures. The surrounding population may be as small as a neighborhood, or as large as the community of nations. They gratify curiosity about, take action against, or ignore a group, depending on its reputed similarity to cults previously reported by mass media.

The spelling c-u-l-t has at least nine defined meanings divided among positive, negative, and neutral connotations:

Positive: In common or popular usage, "cult" has a positive connotation for fan groups of art, music, writing, fiction, and fashion devotees (see Cult following). "Cult" also has a positive connotation when used in the original and classic sense of veneration by any group of worshipers, though this meaning is usually applied to groups known from antiquity, including historic cults of the major religions (see Cult (religious practice)).

Negative: Also in common or popular usage, "cult" has a negative connotation for new religious, extreme political, questionable therapeutic, and pyramidal business groups.Theological cults also have a negative connotation as defined by fundamentalist Christians to include both new and major religion groups. For these reasons, most, if not all, non-fan groups that are called cults reject this label.

Neutral: In twentieth century and some current scientific usage, "cult" is a technical term with a neutral connotation (see Sociology of religion). Neutral usage of "cult" in sociological science has been partly replaced by the phrase new religious movement (NRM) – but not entirely: because not all sociologically-defined cults are new or religious, there was a formal objection to the term-replacing campaign as "politics of representation", and ultimately the public didn't accept the replacement term. "

The whole thing to me sounds like only the people who really believe in this,will go on and "reincarnate infinitely"and the rest of us? All I see are prophets and followers.Vladimir goes off while Anastasia stays in her Space of Love with the kids and visits them every now and then,errr where is the Love there? This to me is like a cult following.Everybody will dissapear exept fot the true believers.More like a second coming.

We all are slaves of this world more or less so it is no wonder that people make money for life from what they do. The way suggested by Anastasia is one of the possible ways to become free.

Yes we are,and as I said before,kudos to anyone who has found inner peace and is trying to share the feeling /love,but reality is reality.

Explain to me how Anastasia suggests we become free because I still have to go to work in two hours and live in my reality.

LOL@beergood

What is suggested in the books has nothing to do with any relogion or cult.
To answer your questions I will have to tell you through all 9 books written so far, which makes no sence. It is always better to read the books yourself.
I can send you book 1 by email for free, if you wish.

What is suggested in the books has nothing to do with any relogion or cult.
To answer your questions I will have to tell you through all 9 books written so far, which makes no sence. It is always better to read the books yourself.
I can send you book 1 by email for free, if you wish.
All I want to know is what does Vladimir do? Does he go preach this love?

Vestnik,this is with no ill thought in mind and I am not trying to take away what you believe but for me this is how I see it.

No, Vladimir does not go preach anything.
He was an intrepreneur in the past who became a writer and wrote a series of the book after he made his trip over Siberian river Ob.
There is more info about Vladimir Megre here: Vladimir Megre - The Story

The all Vladimir debat about the transformation of slavery into a complexe economical procesus is very true but a luckwarm as a discovery.
The question about personal freedom ,if a bit heavyweight, is still an interesting question.

I listened to a interview of French singer Jacque Brel where ,when asked about freedom ,he answers that to him it is the right or strenght to make mistakes,to **** up sometime.To know that you will hit the wall and bring everything around you down but do it anyway.To choose to be wrong.
It toke me a while to get it but i think it a very interesting and original point of view,it change from the usual clichés.

This may be one of the most hilarious interviews I've read.

Check out the tough questions the interviewer puts him through!

Favourite quote:
Anastasia has an unusually rapid speed of thought. She may exceed the speed of the most modern computers many times over.

For example, in response to the question, "What is the main source of air pollution in large cities?" she gazed for several minutes in her own individual way, analyzed the situation in the cities of the entire world, and answered: "Smoke coming from the tailpipes of the cars moving in the city and leaving on the roads tiny particles of their wheels."
WOW! People who actually research that have only known about it for decades, and her brilliant mind remembered that in mere minutes!

And then there's the bit where she, like, totally pwnz Nostradamus. And the bit where she talks to God. But mostly it's worth it for the interviewer.

Haha I like this one. Don't forget that this social order keeps everything exactly that, in order. Society congregates as a means of moving fluently, we follow societies rules and behaviours as a way of benefiting ourselves. I guess in this way I’m a bit of a functionalist. I haven't read any of this mans works so I can’t make to much comment of them, but does he suggest an alternative? What I can say for certain that as a middleclass, university student, I don’t feel at all the slave, but instead look eagerly forward to fostering my place in society. I think it is absolutely ludicrous to condone this mans perspective on personal freedom, at least from this excerpt.

No, Vladimir does not go preach anything.
He was an intrepreneur in the past who became a writer and wrote a series of the book after he made his trip over Siberian river Ob.
There is more info about Vladimir Megre here: Vladimir Megre - The Story

Ok,it's his personal experience,I understand but I have more questions and trying to understand deeper.

Why does he sell the story and not give them away for free if he really believes all this?

Why does he leave Anastasia and his children and not stay with them?

If her thinking is so far ahead and quicker,why does she not know how to translate all the words to Vladimir?

It's all a gimmick to me,and now he is going to be producing Anastasia's Oil?

More like throwing hope to the weak for monetary gains.

All answers to your questions may be found in the books, particulary in book 1 and book 2. Vladimir tells about everything you want to know in your post.
BUt I am sorry, Libra, I just don't have all the books in English at home and don't have time to search appropriate quotes for you.

Back