• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Personal Reading Record

Looks like I'm not the only one that had a bad year in 2010. I read 40 last year and my best year 2007 with 137.

I once interviewed someone who polished off 350 books in a year. I thought he miscalculated or misspoke. Nope. A book a day on average. Editor, author, and a professor at Brown University teaching Literature. That was the first time I heard that it was even possible to reach such a number.

Someone I know closer to home did 300 a year once.

These are numbers I can only dream to hit. In fact, even 50 is a dream for me.

300 books in a year is beyond my reach, too. I think I would have to dedicate my entire year to eating, sleeping and reading.

I topped 200 last year, most of them being audio books. If you want to read more and don't have time, give audio books a try. Just load them to a MP3 player and listen whenever possible. You'd be surprised how much "free" time you could squeeze out of your day.

I read 61 books in 2010, a personal best. I agree with tomeraider...I started listening to audio books last summer, so it really allowed me to read many more books than I could have otherwise. In 2009, I only read 25 books.

I read 78 books in 2010. I have read 73 so far this year and I'm hoping to read at least 100 books this year! :D

Back