• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Personal Reading Record

eldog

I read a total of 52 books in 2010 which is a personal best! I set a goal of 50 as a New Year's resolution and made it.:eek:

The average length of each book was 323 pages which meant I averaged 46 pages per day.

Even more impressive was that I finished every book I started. Still not sure if this was a result of perseverance or book choices!

How does this number of books read in the year hold up against other BAR members?

PS Sorry for the geeky stats... blame Excel!

That's pretty impressive.

2010 was not a banner year for me. I don't think I actually read more than 15 or so.

I hardly read anything...Lack of money and other reasons caused me not to read much. But I recently started downloading audio books, you know...them being free and all.But I just can't seem to get into them.

Yes, very impressive!

And I love geeky stats!

I've read 24 books in 2010, with a total of 7663 pages. That means an average of 639 pages per month and 21 pages per day. The average length of each book was 284 pages.

It's not much, I know, but it's a lot to me. And I hope 2011 will be even better...

And I love geeky stats!

I've read 24 books in 2010, with a total of 7663 pages. That means an average of 639 pages per month and 21 pages per day. The average length of each book was 284 pages.

Geeky stats lovers unite! Revolution... but probably not.

I hardly read anything...Lack of money and other reasons caused me not to read much. But I recently started downloading audio books, you know...them being free and all.But I just can't seem to get into them.

Whereabouts do you download them from?

I only read like 15 and like most years, I didn't even touch a book after September. Stuff just gets too crazy around that time.

2010 was a good year, quality and numbers wise. 75 books completed last year, up from 35 the year before. Page numbers, dunno. :D

I always aim to read at least 50 books each year. 2010 ended with 80 books. I've only been keeping record of my reads since 2007, but I failed to break my record of 83 during 2008.

My reading was rather low in 2010 -- only about 30 some odd books -- because of recent large changes in real life. Page counting seems like a good idea for 2011, as I see some humongous books accumulating on my shelves to be read. Two, three and maybe even four book-equivalents each.

I always aim to read at least 50 books each year. 2010 ended with 80 books. I've only been keeping record of my reads since 2007, but I failed to break my record of 83 during 2008.

Jesus of Nazareth! If I get 12 books a year i'm happy. 50 is madnessss..Maybe i'll break a leg or something and not be able to go to work, then i can up my quota.

I don't know how many books I read this year.

But it wasn't 52 or 75 or 89. You guys or gals really rip through some words.

Crimony, you guys lament only reading fifteen. I was just getting ready to brag that I had read fifteen.

I read 37 books for a total of 15,639 pages. I was aiming for 50 but went back to school in September so that kind of derailed me! I will hit 50 this year. More time reading, less on the internets.

How many books do you read?

I'm curious what the frequency of book reading is among "active readers". About how many books do you read each year? Fiction? Non-fiction? How long does one generally take you? Do you read in short bursts here and there or in a few long sessions?

Back