• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Peter Kay

Freya

Anyone like the guy? I always wondered if it was just people round here who were madly obsessed with him. In this town you're practically an outcast if you don't worship Phoenix Nights. Which I don't, it's trodge.

Saying that this live thing that's on atm is amusing me - just did a lovely homage to the Hobnob :)

I didn't like Phoenix Nights - bag of shit really although his stand up seemed a little better.

Although an hour of standup on one topic (family) was rather depressing.

I think Peter Kay's brilliant! I liked Phoenix Nights and saw his live show on TV last night , which I have to say was not as good as I expected it to be. It started off very well but I wish he'd covered something other than the wedding thing, which got a bit dull. His observational stuff on Northern family life just cracks me up, because I see my family in a lot of it! The stuff about mums on the answering machine and the "give three rings to let me know you're OK" stuff is hilarious - we used to do that!! :D

I was bit annoyed that man Peter Kay interupt Big Brother and I have to wait for other hour for that programme. Good excuse I do my chores and bit of reading. Glad to have Peter Kay! LOL

I liked phoenix nights more than his standup which, round these parts, has become lodged firmly up the backside of the audience who consider him 'darn to earth' and 'one ut lads'.

Peter Kay is a comedy genius! He's got a talent for using humour to make money so why not churn out the occasional turd like phoenix nights if its going to make him a wad of cash! His live shows are amazing, he is spot on with all he says, you know its all true and i guess he just makes us all realise how daft we can be!lol!

Freya said:
He's just a big sweaty ape.
You say that like it's a bad thing. :confused:

He's not my favourite, but I don't hate him either. My bf has Phoenix Nights on DVD, and it's quite amusing. Can't watch too much in one go, but the bouncers always make me laugh.

Back