• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Peter Straub: Ghost Story

brk_3

ai1210.photobucket.com_albums_cc418_brk_3_ghoststory.jpg :star4:

"What is the worst thing you've ever done?"
"I won't tell you that, but I'll tell you the worst thing that ever happened to me... the most dreadful thing..."

I once did some online searches for the best horror novels ever written. I believe this forum has threads dedicated to such a topic as well. During my search I noticed that Peter Straub's Ghost Story was listed on most if not all listings of best horror novels. On a couple of lists it was in the top five. The only Peter Straub I ever read was the Talisman, where he teamed up with Stephen King to co-author. I remember liking the Talisman so I decided I would try this book. Being written in the late 70's I can say it stands the test of time. It takes awhile to get going but when it get's going it takes off.

One of the greats. I love all of his early stuff. This one and Floating Dragon are my faves.

yea I am going to add more Straub to my future reads. I will look for Floating Dragon and if you have any other suggestions, please share

thanks

Julia and Shadowland are my other 2 faves by him. In the late 80's he moved away from supernatural horror to mystery/suspense, to much acclaim, with the Blue Rose trilogy.

I've been trying to track down the film version of Julia, which was released under the titles Full Circle and The Haunting of Julia but was never released on dvd here in the states. I'd love to see it.

I saw movie of The Ghost Story. Good movie and not so popular in my family as someone in my family worked on this movie and went to jail over some scam involving movie payroll. Movie was filmed partly in upstate New York.

i have read the one of the novel of Stephen king that is Pet Sematary it was good but the movie which is made on this novel with the same title is also good. i people who likes the horror movies can for those i can this movie

Julia and Shadowland are my other 2 faves by him. In the late 80's he moved away from supernatural horror to mystery/suspense, to much acclaim, with the Blue Rose trilogy.

I've been trying to track down the film version of Julia, which was released under the titles Full Circle and The Haunting of Julia but was never released on dvd here in the states. I'd love to see it.

I love Ghost Story and Julia. I think they are his best. I also read The Hellfire Club and it put me off of Straub entirely. But the earlier two are high on my classics list.

Marcel

Back