• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Photo Prose (Daily)

-Carlos-

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm300_224062_writingDRILLS_1.jpg

The tree monkeys giggled at their own antics. The first primate, in a dark blue t-shirt and shorts, covered his eyes, bored. Next to him sat two hysterical chimps bursting at the seams. The middle one of the bunch, the red shirted one, tried to contain himself but could not mask his cheery eyes; face aglow. The third one, with elbows on bent knees, was defeated by his own hilarity. It was hard for the threesome, minus one, to keep straight faces. This shameless riot was caused, not by their infectious laughter, but by the poor soul behind the camera – a diminutive man speaking a choppy talk and maintaining an appealing grin; never keeping his bobble head steady - the mocked tourist with scrunched-up eyes. Such wise (evil) boys!

__

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm300_224062_boy.jpg

The young shepherd boy lay his tired leg over the back of his water buffalo. The wind was blowing harder; his hair lightly tangled with the tall grass beneath tilted by wind. A fleeting storm was threatening the calm afternoon. The alert boy, with a wooden rod in hand, hung his leg (sandals fastened) over the backbone of the grazing beast - blind to the instability of a fierce horizon. It was time to find safety from the approaching downpours. It was time to gather the herd and secure then under cover; to seek refuge before the first thunderclaps echoed their energy and the cloud masses flooded the earth.

_

[Edited on 6/24/2010 by aquablue]

The Buffalo seems to be too hungry to care about anything else.They don't seem to be going anywhere.

To me, and anyone who individually creates an interpretation, the boy seems concern about the weather. But that's just me. :)

To me, and anyone who individually creates an interpretation, the boy seems concern about the weather. But that's just me. :)

You can't know what each person creates individually out of the picture.If he was worried about the weather,would he be just dangling off the beast?

Because, to me, he just realized about the weather and that it was threatening. I don't know what each person's interpretation is Libra. That was not my meaning. I meant that each once has his/her own view of what's going on in the picture. My view is that a storm is likely and the boy jumped up on the beast to gather his thoughts and determine what to do next. Now you can see in another way and that's great. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't know what each person's interpretation is Libra. That was not my meaning. I meant that each once has his/her own view of what's going on in the picture..

Same thing, different wording.

Do you want any feedback or do you just want positive feedback ?

I want your feedback. I value it.

I do not understand what you're saying though. I might be reading your words inaccurately. Tell me again. Thanks.

I do not understand what you're saying though. I might be reading your words inaccurately. Tell me again. Thanks.

I want to see what you see,your vision,but I don't.For example the sandal,why did you have to explain that it was fastened?
I feel that you are using details for the details.

Don't worry,I don't understand you either.;)

True. I do not have to say that his sandals are fastened. That fact does not add/remove from my interpretation. But mentioning it, to me, does not remove anything from my angle. In other words, it's not wrong to mention that fact - in my view.

I do value your input nonetheless. I can see what others see and thus compensate, in later writings (maybe), my viewpoints.

Thanks Libra!

Adjective overkill right there. Your interpretation of the picture sounds a lot like your prose and it's too heavy with adjectives and adverbs. It makes it tiresome to read.

I have to agree with Libra. I don't see the concern for inclement weather and the background and lighting doesn't suggest sever weather approaching.

But, like you said, it's your eyes.

Also, less adjectives. You can't abuse adjectives until you master how to use them.

I do like the idea of this thread though. Keep it up. Can I assume that your posting this across your other forums as well?

I have to agree with Libra. I don't see the concern for inclement weather and the background and lighting doesn't suggest sever weather approaching.

But, like you said, it's your eyes.

Also, less adjectives. You can't abuse adjectives until you master how to use them.

I do like the idea of this thread though. Keep it up. Can I assume that your posting this across your other forums as well?

Boy, my adjective/adverb problem is hard to beat. I am improving (slowly). I have a blog, as you can see below in my sig, so as to see my progression in time.
I have this thread on one (two actually) other forum. It really helps to read people's comments because I then try to better my voice. It's not an easy task to write well. I'll get there. It'll just take some time for me. :sad:

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm300_224062_ballerinas.jpg

Adorned in pristine bell skirts and white floral headbands, the ballerinas assembled behind a massive stage curtain, lowered. Two stood coolly, veering their eyes off-stage. Around them an assemblage of angelic dancers mingled in anticipation - bent torsos, loose shoulders, and hair parted straight. It was grace at-the-ready. At the forefront of the class, a reflective prima ballerina. Her mind, fluent: each step, flow of motion and posture unfolding in thought.

Then, at once, the awaited gestured cue was displayed and the dancers arranged themselves fleetly. Her focus now in-tuned; her initial pose set when the giant curtain began to rise to an ovation of theatergoers.

__

I do see the concern or perhaps apprehension in the boy's face regarding the coming storm, but I think you must have meant the wind was tangling his hair? Not the grass, at least at the moment of the picture.
The impression I got from that was he'd been perhaps lying in the grass looking up at the sky, daydreaming and realized the storm was coming, and then climbed up on the water buffalo.

Back