• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

PMs

Sybarite

Is there any such thing, on a forum of this type, as a personal message that is solicited, or are the vast majority of PMs, by their very nature, unsolicited?

Are the majority of PMs, therefore, spam?

Is there any such thing, on a forum of this type, as a personal message that is solicited, or are the vast majority of PMs, by their very nature, unsolicited?

Are the majority of PMs, therefore, spam?
I wouldn't have thought so. As was mentioned on the other thread, unsolicited PMs with links to another service is what constitutes spam here.

Anyway, let's put it all to rest.

Not to beat a dead horse, but in light of what has been going on at other forums, how will it be known whether members are breaking the "no sending links to other forums via pm" rule? Will our private messages be monitored, or will the admin/mods just be made aware if someone reports such a pm to them?

That doesn't really answer my question though, does it?
Well, it's not really my place to answer them. But if Darren can't find the time to get to the forum most of the time, I doubt he'll find the time to put the facility in place and then monitor anyone's messages.

...Will our private messages be monitored, or will the admin/mods just be made aware if someone reports such a pm to them?

Just for the record (and as per our privacy policy) PMs are not monitored. If a member receives a PM they are not happy about they should forward it to myself or a moderator.

It would take the 2nd degree for for me to look like a square, but it would take the third degree to really make me lose my cool

Please be courteous about your PMs.

I received a PM from a member to which I could not reply. Finding out only after I had composed a lovely reply. How rude some people can be!

Cheers my lovies and have a blessed day,

MattieRae

If the member is Patricia2 (or einstein) then they've been banned for spamming members via PM with some Buddhist nonsense.

I received a PM from a member to which I could not reply. Finding out only after I had composed a lovely reply. How rude some people can be!
It is also possible they may have limited receipt of PM's to Mods and people on their buddy list only (possibly done a while ago and forgotten about?). Alternatively they could have sent you a PM, then disabled the function, however this seems unlikely.

Back