• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

poetry dot DELIRIOUS FRENZIED BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

WolfLarsen

poetry dot

No City! Erase the Countryside! Collect the Hills & Find Schoenberg a Mountain of Squirming Words!

By Wolf Larsen

Rip the City out of the ground! - Split! – Collapse! – Bulge! Cars! Trains! Airplanes! All jumping out of the sidewalk! Now! – Slither your circling-face! – VLROOOOOOOOM! – BAM! – BAM! - BAM! Drive the words onward! Onward! Onward! Snakes wandering and wandering out of the words! Slosh! Jump! Jump inside of a dog and drive it passed six thousand moons! Stick window into penis! Grab all the billions of humans fornicating in your hands now! And pregnancy! Sidewalks! Buildings! Noise! Dizzy-frenzied-streams of humans flowing down the sidewalk! A music of convulsions! Now! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! Sharks! Elephants! Children! Craze a poem! Now! Poem! Now!

Copyright 2005 by Wolf Larsen

(First Published in Aries literary magazine, U.S.A.)

Crap as usual. One day, Wolf, you should try. Unless you call that mess trying. Have you anything new other than your ill advised brain spurts from yesteryear?

Nurse! Mr Larsen's medication has run out again!

And by the 'copyright' bit protects anyone from copying your work and passing it off as their own. No danger there, chum...p.

Wow. This is absolutely dreadful. An attempt to what... confuse? This isn't poetry, this open-thought-diarrhea. (wouldn't that make a great blurb?)

Copyright 2000, Sirmyk Enterprises, LLC.

drive it passed six thousand moons!
Wait a minute. Hold it. There's something wrong here. No editor would allow this mistake to get to print. No, I'm not talking about the whole thing being a mistake, I mean "passed" instead of "past." Not only that, but I can't find this piece or any work by Mr. Larsen in Aries Literary Magzine, formerly published by Texas Wesleyan University. A former editor doesn't recall it either.

Mr. Larsen, I accused you once before of inflating your publishing credits, and you didn't respond. I have already asked you for the cite to the published version of this piece. I await your reply.

No City! Erase the Countryside! Collect the Hills & Find Schoenberg a Mountain of Squirming Words! By Wolf Larsen was published on page 15 of issue number 20 of Aries last year.

Literary magazines routinely request that credit be given to their publication when the poem appears elsewhere after publication. It is a common courtesy.

Some of the above posters - shall we call them a lynch mob? - have displayed a very high level of ignorance. If they want to accuse someone of improper behavior I suggest they look in the mirror.

I would hope that if someone has a dissagreement about something they could discuss their feelings in a manner that is more appropriate.

Cheers!

Wolf Larsen

You posted this piece on several sites on the same day, so I keep bumping into it. I noticed in another forum that someone replied "Great spill." From the context, it appeared to be a sincere compliment. But really, is that how you want your work to be acknowledged? As spill?

From a cache of the Aries literary magazine website (now defunct, but still held in Google's cache):

Aries, a national literary magazine published annually by Texas Wesleyan University, features original and previously unpublished poetry, short fiction, essay, black and white photography and art. Established in 1986, Aries 2003 was the tenth issue published.

Which would mean issue 12 was published last year, and issue 20 isn't due out until 2013.

Did Wilfred Owen die for this? Well, no, obviously he didn't. Still, at least the Germans picking him off during the crossing of the Sambre-Oise Canal meant he didn't read that poem by accident. Lucky bastard, lucky, lucky bastard.

Some of the above posters - shall we call them a lynch mob? - have displayed a very high level of ignorance. If they want to accuse someone of improper behavior I suggest they look in the mirror.

I would hope that if someone has a dissagreement about something they could discuss their feelings in a manner that is more appropriate.

As i frequent quite a few forums i've come across the same posts in a variety of forums. Your posts are always copy/pasted across all the forums. Perhaps people would take you more serious if you actually responded to the posts instead of posting the same copy/pasted drivel without answering any of the other posters?

I cant see this as anything but spamm from a rejected author with delusions of grandeur. If it wasnt so bad its amusing it would probably be deleted from most of these forums.

Delusions of grandeur? Wolfie's got delusions of mediocrity. And even those are hopelessly optimistic.

Zolipara said:

As i frequent quite a few forums i've come across the same posts in a variety of forums. Your posts are always copy/pasted across all the forums. Perhaps people would take you more serious if you actually responded to the posts instead of posting the same copy/pasted drivel without answering any of the other posters?

The thing is Zolipara you and some of your fellow hooligans on this site have not said anything worth commenting on. Some of the people on this site act no different than ignorant street corner toughs who say any provocative thing (including lies) just to try and bully creative innovative writers to stop posting here.

Bad writing is everywhere - and is so common people rarely become so obsessed that they engage in such a huge attack if something is merely bad writing. Clearly, these people are angry. They are upset that someone has dared to be creative and innovative, instead of being chained by the rules of tradition. How else can you explain that some of these posters are acting so rabid and obsessed over a poem?

They are trying to tell me I do not have the freedom to post where I like - and that is an attempt at censorship.

I will continue posting on this board as an act of freedom of speech. If these poeple don't like my stuff than why do they keep reading it and become so obsessive? I think the reason these people become so obsessive and rabid is that they see in my work an attack on all the conventions of literature and that makes them mad.

Virtually every major Painter, Sculptor, and Composer whose work has stood the test of time was also originally greeted with controversy. Many of the works of now respected Novelists of the last century originally brought howls of anger and their work was often censored. Their work was innovative and original and shattered all the chains of tradition.

But trying to talk sense to ignorant people is a waste of time.

Cheers!

Wolf Larsen

You know, it's difficult for literary journals these days. Costs of printing are high. I think that some of the above juvenile delinquents going on 40 should stop being CHEAP and support the arts and buy a copy of the literary journal they are so obsessed with. I am not trying to be "commercial" because I make no money whether you buy a copy or not. The poem "No City! Erase the Countryside! Collect the Hills and Find Schoenberg a Mountain of Squirming Words!" by Wolf Larsen appears on page 15 of issue 20 of Aries Literary Magazine. I invite the cheap bullies above to actually buy a copy instead of telling lies, and please don't harass the magazine just because they published a poem you didn't like - act like you have some education. The magazine costs 7 dollars.

Aries
Texas Wesleyan University; Dept. of Languages and Literature
1201 Wesleyan
Fort Worth, TX 76105-1536

Back