• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

poetry forum

tundra

What about starting a poetry sub-forum in the bookshelves forum area? I haven't seen any poetry discussions here excepting those in writers' showcase.

An excellent idea. I have af ew topics regarding poets and styles of poetry that I'd like to create, but that if I did post, would look somewhat odd in our present setting.

If such a forum were made it would be best to combine it with drama. Probably best as a subforum just to see if it were to take off.

Agreed. And can we have some more yays or nays from you lot please. Anyone reading this thread, click 'reply' and not only will any suggestion will have a tiny chance of becoming actioned, but you get to boost your post count too. Go on. ;)

YAY! A poetry forum. I'd love that. And I think this place needs one too. But I agree with Stewie that it should be combined with a drama forum, because we may not get enough in just a poetry forum.

tundra said:
I haven't seen any poetry discussions here excepting those in writers' showcase.
Have you participated in any of those. They are quite fun if you're up to a poetry thing. I've posted some of my own to be reviewed and critiqued. If you write any you should too.

Vespertilio91 said:
Have you participated in any of those. They are quite fun if you're up to a poetry thing. I've posted some of my own to be reviewed and critiqued. If you write any you should too.

I just barely participated. I do write poetry, but I'm not sure that I want to post any of it here. It's what you might call, silly.

tundra said:
.....psh.....

(letter shortage solution)

Thank you tundra, good thinking.:D StillILearn has a magic way of being able to delete everything and leave a blank post but have never got round to asking her how she does it.

She probably just uses white font. In fact, you could do that with your short posts too..just white out the extra characters. People never think to highlight unless there's a spoiler anyway...

Reminds me of that word game we used to play around here Poppy. Had to add on a smiley or else think of a super long (okay, well ten letters) word. :D

We should count your three yays though, anyway.

lol Steffee, pity we didn't know all these tricks way back then - it wouldn't have been nearly as much a strain on my brain:D
Was hoping you'd count that as three votes;)

Yeah right, Poppy. As I recall, your words were always twice as obscure as anyone elses. ;)

And the forum was a different colour then... ;)

steffee said:
Agreed. And can we have some more yays or nays from you lot please. Anyone reading this thread, click 'reply' and not only will any suggestion will have a tiny chance of becoming actioned, but you get to boost your post count too. Go on. ;)

Boost my post count you say?
Yes, to the poetry section.

Gem said:
Boost my post count you say?
Yes, to the poetry section.
Yes. By one, for the yay (or nay) and then by a few more, for the mindless chatter, before someone comes along and tells us not to chatter mindlessly on a thread not created for mindless chatter, and it switches to defending it, or agreeing, or something.

And, er, this is the reason for my post count. Oh, but you quoted a passage that doesn't make sense. :eek: :D

Poppy, you're a kidder. ;)

steffee said:
Yes. By one, for the yay (or nay) and then by a few more, for the mindless chatter, before someone comes along and tells us not to chatter mindlessly on a thread not created for mindless chatter, and it switches to defending it, or agreeing, or something.

I'm the one who created this thread, and I say we can blather on about whatever we want. I'm sure we can relate anything we've said back to poetry somehow...and until a poetry forum is created this thread is all we've got.

I just finished reading Pegasus Descending by James Lee Burke. His writing just keeps getting better and better. This book will knock-your-socks-off. However, like pontalba says, you really should start with the first book in his Robicheaux series. Robicheaux has been written as one of the most complex people that I have seen in a book. :)

Back