• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pointless question time!

Can you

• Total voters

Wabbit

What pointless talents do you have?

Can you...

Touch your nose with your tongue?
Roll your tongue
Can you wiggle your ears?

What other pointless talents do you possess?! Roll up, roll up! Announce your gifts to the world! :D

I can wiggle my ears and I have other talents, which I will not disclose at this moment in time. There might be children reading.

Cheers

i can wiggle my ears, roll my tongue and fold my ankles over my knees (which, i think, is called sitting lotus style).

i can roll my tongue, but can you turn your tongue over, so that your bottom teeth touch the surface with the tastebuds on it?

cool otherwise there is a little part of your brain missing, it is not important for survival,but i just feel better to know that i have that little piece..

honeydevil said:
i can roll my tongue, but can you turn your tongue over, so that your bottom teeth touch the surface with the tastebuds on it?

Isn't this what rolling your tongue means? I'm confused... :confused: I can wiggle my ears and touch my tongue to my nose. It runs in my family. My mom can and my grandmother could too.

mehastings said:
Isn't this what rolling your tongue means? I'm confused... :confused: I can wiggle my ears and touch my tongue to my nose. It runs in my family. My mom can and my grandmother could too.

no i think wiht rolling your tongue, he means makeing it like a pipe...

I can wiggle my ears, roll my tongue, twist my tongue, and tie a knot in a maraschino cherry stem, without using my hands.
I read somewhere that being able to roll your tongue is genetic, either you can, or you can't.

Wabbit said:
rolling the tongue so it forms a U shape

Wow. I have actually learned something from this thread (which makes it no longer pointless). I thought everyone could do that, so I didn't call it a talent. I guess I can do all three. I can not, however, tie a knot in a cherry stem. I've tried a zillion times, but I'm willing to bet that the problem is liquor related...

Roll tongue, turn tongue over in either direction, pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time and then switch hands, and other useless feats of coordination.

I've got this double-jointed elbow thing going on. Basically I can contort my elbow joints so that the bones sorta bend backwards...it's digusting and I can usually freak people out.

Also, I am quite the lummox and I have found that I have the ability to break darn near anything.

direstraits said:
mehastings, I believe you can tie a knot in a cherry stem only if you're within sight of David Lynch.

I'm sad to say that I do not know who this is. I looked it up online and couldn't find much more than a reference to Twin Peaks. I'm too young to have watched that show.

mehastings said:
I'm sad to say that I do not know who this is. I looked it up online and couldn't find much more than a reference to Twin Peaks. I'm too young to have watched that show.

david lynch directed blue velvet, mulholland drive, lost highway, wild at heart, dune, eraserhead, twin peaks and other films. there is a scene in twin peaks where sherilyn fenn ties a cherry stem with her tongue. it's quite good.

Back