• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Poll: I just finished reading...

I just finished reading...

• Keep the thread as it is

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Keep the thread but remove the 'sticky'

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Delete the thread

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Move the posts into the relevant book discussions

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motokid said:
Hmmm...great thread? What's so great about it? Just because it has many replies does not make it great does it? Is McDonalds a great restaurant? They've served billions of meals?

In my mind a great thread is one that provokes discussion.
The "I just finished reading" thread takes away from that doesn't it?

I see your point, and you are correct about quality of posts. With that being said, a lot of people enjoy it and eagerly post on it. A few people who have read the same work will often times post about a given book on that thread.

I think people post in it because it's easy. It's a sticky. They don't have to search for the "right" thread. (I'll get a lot of shit for this next comment, but I can take shit.) I think they post there because they are a tad bit lazy. It's a sticky. It sits right there on top of the forum all the time. It takes a bit of effort to go find the right thread.

And people discussing one particular book in a thread that's not specific to that book is counter-forum productive.

Now, I'll sit back and take the beating I'm about to get for calling so many people lazy. :D

CDA said:
Lazy? LAZY? Me?

Yep.

Yeah Moto, we better keep it so that CDA doesn't have to exert more effort than his poor index finger already has to in clicking the mouse button.:p ;)

SFG75 said:
Yeah Moto, we better keep it so that CDA doesn't have to exert more effort than his poor index finger already has to in clicking the mouse button.:p ;)

yeah - I've already had push the thing down at least a dozen times today....
think i'll just take me a little nap....:p

Moto does have a point, although I don't think that all the people who post on it are like that. I frequently post on the thread for those who like to find out about books that people have read on that thread, but I also post comments on the relevant book thread for people who are more inclined towards those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back