• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

POLL: Types of Readers

-Carlos-

Which of the following category do you (roughly) occupy? The choices, of course, are not exact and you will very likely see yourself in more than one definition. If this is so, choose “other” and explain your vote. Thanks for playing.

• I’m a novice when it comes to books…I don’t read too much though.
  • I only have time to read a handful of books per year.
  • I consider myself the average reader – at least one book per month (or two).
  • I read frequently but I wouldn’t consider myself an avid reader.
  • I am an avid reader who shares books with other book lovers; I am into books!
  • Not only do I read a lot, but I am into book clubs and online book forums as well.
  • My private book collection is large and I am leaning towards collecting books.
  • I am officially a book collector; I own many signed first editions and rare books.
  • Other?

Note: I did not choose the POLL format because the choices are too lengthy (I feel) for that layout.

Other. I'm into non-fiction books like self-help, stock market and bios of stock market players. I spend as much time reading newspapers as books. I don't borrow or lend books, there are too few people who are interested in the same subject matter as me. I re-read many of my books, I don't make very many new purchases anymore.

I would like to own a larger book collection and books of all kinds are on my wish list. But I must pay bills first.

I’m a novice when it comes to books…I don’t read too much though.
This one.

While you expect everyone to fall into the 'Other' category, I see everyone - here, at least - as belonging to the 'Not only do I read a lot, but I am into book clubs and online book forums as well.' one. After all, this is a book forum. Maybe you should survey people in libraries or on the street if you want to know what kinds of readers are really out there.

I am an avid reader who shares books with other book lovers; I am into books!

That's about as close as anything.

Other. I'm a formerly avid reader who has many books and may go months without reading or then have the time or be in the mood to read one book after another.

I am an avid reader. I have a large library of books on a variety of subjects and friction. Both old and new books. Read every day.

You forgot a "style" of reader Aqua .
I'm a compulsive buyer of books but i read very little.I'm into book but it's not reciprocal.

Other. I'm a formerly avid reader who has many books and may go months without reading or then have the time or be in the mood to read one book after another.

same here. Although now I'm retired it's only weeks inbetween reading bouts.

Mark me as: I am an avid reader who shares books with other book lovers; I am into books! with Occlith tendencies.

Why no poll? You could have explained options in the thread.

Not only do I read a lot, but I am into book clubs and online book forums as well.

That one making my literature class my book club.

Back