• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pontiac/AquaBlue on Christmas

I know that you all accept the fact that, not in our lifespan, science...scientific theory is considered by the majority of scientist earth wide as factual evidence...will upstage (with the United States dragging its heels) religion, right?

You mean scientific evidence such as wool being used to keep warm in cold weather?

I know that you all accept the fact that, not in our lifespan, science...scientific theory is considered by the majority of scientist earth wide as factual evidence...will upstage (with the United States dragging its heels) religion, right?

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_1213841234253.jpg

What are you going on about? Have you skipped (or doubled up on) your meds?

Where did that just come from? What's Gray Goo got to do with sheep or Christmas?

Don't diss on Nick Boing!

Let's just say that my feet are firmly rooted to the earth.

Anything outside our limits - senses/dimensions - can never be tagged as reality. An yes, I am (proudly) the Christmas scrooge. Science truth must prevail.

Let's just say that my feet are firmly rooted to the earth.

Anything outside our limits - senses/dimensions - can never be tagged as reality. An yes, I am (proudly) the Christmas scrooge. Science truth must prevail.

So what does Gray Goo have to do with sheep and Christmas?

I give you wool thing. Good answer. But the bigger picture still stands.

Christmas = commerce. Enough said.

So you're saying that the people who made Christmas part of the Christian religious calendar way back when were only doing so to make us buy more Christmas trees and singing Santas?

The point here is this: Science and not religion. Do I need to be so blunt. That's my point. There is no room for religion any longer.

Do you remember your Tree Hugger thread?

This is quickly destined to be the Tree Hugger thread of 2010.

Which bigger picture? Nobody here is arguing that Yeshua ben Yousef was, with absolute certainty, born on the 25th of December in the year 0AD. But if you want to make an argument for a scientific viewpoint, use arguments that make sense. Don't just throw out unconnected baseless statements and abandon them the second someone points out a flaw.

I thought you didn't want to call it Christmas?

Do you remember your Tree Hugger thread?

This is quickly destined to be the Tree Hugger thread of 2010.

Yes...BUT...unlike the TREE HUGGER thread where I never stood my ground. I sufficient ammunition (scientific data) behind to survive the bouts. I will definitively be the scrooge, but...I will be stand true in the end.

Yes...BUT...unlike the TREE HUGGER thread where I never stood my ground. I sufficient ammunition (scientific data) behind to survive the bouts. I will definitively be the scrooge, but...I will be stand true in the end.

What kind of scientific data?

Back