• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pontiac/AquaBlue on Christmas

Yes...BUT...unlike the TREE HUGGER thread where I never stood my ground. I sufficient ammunition (scientific data) behind to survive the bouts. I will definitively be the scrooge, but...I will be stand true in the end.

GRAMMAR! It helps.

Which bigger picture? Nobody here is arguing that Yeshua ben Yousef was, with absolute certainty, born on the 25th of December in the year 0AD. But if you want to make an argument for a scientific viewpoint, use arguments that make sense. Don't just throw out unconnected baseless statements and abandon them the second someone points out a flaw.

I thought you didn't want to call it Christmas?

One, my argument make sense thank you. Two, I am calling it Christmas because I am using your term; not mine.

Also X-mas means Christmas, then I will never say x-mas again. Thanks for the heads up.

If you say so. List them, please. Starting with what, exactly, it is you're arguing.

OK. So I would think that the first argument should be this: Which is closer to truth (reality): religious myth or scientific facts?

Make your points first and then I will answer...in that order.

My choice is science. Your turn.

Ah...the question I have been awaiting. Yes!

What kind of scientific data do you require...be specific.

Oh, and...please declare yourself a ID backer please. I need to know who's who first.

O, I thought you were bringing forth your arguments, which are always ever so convincing, and then have people respond to it so you can ignore them. Yes?

Ah...the question I have been awaiting. Yes!

What kind of scientific data do you require...be specific.

Oh, and...please declare yourself a ID backer please. I need to know who's who first.

Whatchoo talkin' about Carlos?

OK. So I would think that the first argument should be this: Which is closer to truth (reality): religious myth or scientific facts?

Make your points first and then I will answer...in that order.

My choice is science. Your turn.

Honestly? I think you're derailing the discussion into a ridiculous strawman argument which has nothing to do with the original statement that this thread started with.

But for whatever reason, yes, I consider the existence of a tradition which, in English, is named "Christmas" to be a scientifically proven fact.

Honestly? I think you're derailing the discussion into a ridiculous strawman argument which has nothing to do with the original statement that this thread started with.

But for whatever reason, yes, I consider the existence of a tradition which, in English, is named "Christmas" to be a scientifically proven fact.

So then, you believe in God?

Back