• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

PPL on Ebay make me laugh

Up North Wabbit! No it's not a very small town at all, I'm near Manchester, and no it's not posh!! All London's crap! Everyone looks at the floor, and the underground is awful ewwww.

Yeh, it does cost rather a lot to buy train tickets on the day, lol, even more if you buy them ON the train...

OK, wait... Manchester and nice in the same sentence??? are you REALLY from England???? :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

Regarding the Ebay thing, I can't believe some of the prices people pay for lots of things, not just books. For example, a few weeks ago, someone paid over £15 inc p&p for the Kill Bill Vol 1 soundtrack, when the very same thing was on sale online at HMV for £7!! Don't they do any research first? :confused:

Agreed! It's crazy! Books, thankfully, are not so bad. Electronics are really crazy. People are paying almost what the stuff is worth brand new in the shops! What the hell????

You are right, they obviuosly too stupid to research. A quick search on Ebay itself or used Amazon will normally turn up a book cheaper. Amazon is the same way. Somtimes I find a book used on amazon that is actually MORE expensive than the new lol

Regards
SillyWabbit

Bizarre, isn't it? I must say it's easy to get carried away with bidding, you have to be very careful. I only discovered Ebay a few months ago. I always research first and set a price I'll go up to, including p&p, that will still save me at least a pound, then I stick to it. That's the Yorkshire "careful" attitude to money, lol! :D

lol

I do the same thing. Normally ( including pnp ) I set the limit at about 3.50 for a used book. If it goes any higher than that, I figure I may as well just go and buy the book used!!! :)

That's the wabbit being careful with his hard earned carrots :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
Indeed! :)

Passes you a carrot

Regards
SillyWabbit

PS: Ballad of Halo Jones rocked :D

Indeed it did! I'm so happy to have met someone who has actually heard of it! :) And thanks for the carrot!! I've got a Fox's Glacier mint (in mint condition) you can have if you want.

So do I. Enjoy your mint! I'm off very soon to go and watch Gordon Ramsey swear at some more celebrity chefs! :)

Alrighty, as if you needed more proof, Wabbit... I just checked out E-bay for a car charger for my new cell phone. The bid price is at all of $0.98, but shipping and handling is $5.95! What is irritating is, I haven't found the damned thing anywhere else....yet. :mad:

eBay

So 10yrs ago the internet was the big BIG thing set to revolutionize all our lives, and aside from a few dotcom companies going bust and a growing number of self indulgent blogs - nothing much has happened. Except for ebay that is.

The concept is sheer genius. Combining the early promise of the internet with worldwide connections between regular people without the burden of middlemen. I can only think of one other famous site that offers the same, and that's www.craigslist.org.

I've sold hundreds of things on eBay, from cds i'd ripped to mp3, to dvds that i never watched anyway and the TV i was supposed to watch them on. Plus it lets me buy anything without feeling like a slave to consumerism. Indeed if i want anything, it's common for me to look around the shops, find what i want, then fire up the laptop and search for it on ebay. I don't much like marketing at the best of times, a vile industry designed to cultivate weakness and supply false solutions, so i get a little rebellious satisfaction from ignoring expensive adverts and putting my money in the pockets of smalltime sellers who are just passing products along. In the words of john lennon - power to the people, right on!

I only post this because i just sniped a retro videogame with 2 seconds to go. So yes, ebay allows people to be cunning too :D

There are items that I desired, pre ebay, that were just not easily available without it. I don't use ebay for much, but sometimes, it's the only way to go.

i'm an ebay fanatic. i've bought everything from a coilover set for my car to a 2-tier wedding veil. i recently sold a few items, too. i was done over once, but it was only for $14.99 so at least it wasn't so bad

Back