• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Predict the outcome of the MJ case

As I for some reason read this thread, I am just wondering why you use a jury in the US. Obviously the best way to do it would be to hold some kind of internet poll to see whether or not a person is guilty. Or probably no need for a poll, just create a program that evaluates how strange a person is, the more strange a person seems the more guilty.

I don't care if MJ is found guilty or not, I don't know if he did whatever they say he did. I just think that perhaps the jury, who has been through every minute of the trial, probably have a bitter better idea of the case. Or am I missing some secret point of having a jurytrial?

It would be nice if you could sit back and feel 100% comfort in the findings of all juries in all cases...but then you can look at a case like the O.J. Simpson case ....

Obviously we are judging and, in our minds, convicting MJ without having all the facts. Can anybody have all the facts? Who is really telling the truth?
Since MJ never took the stand (gee, I wonder why?) how does any jury know what the truth is? And even then, somebody is not telling the truth. How do you know who is lying and who isn't? 98% of the people in prison will probably tell you they are innocent and wrongly convicted. Even the ones caught red-handed on videotape.

The system says to convict you must have an opinion that's "beyond a reasonable doubt." If there are no eye-witnesses, and there's no DNA evidence, how can anybody have anything but a reasonable doubt? You've got a childs word, and his mother who's a kook, against a super-star with millions of dollars and millions of fans who never took the stand to defend himself.

Motokid said:
It would be nice if you could sit back and feel 100% comfort in the findings of all juries in all cases...but then you can look at a case like the O.J. Simpson case ....
And what good does it do to doubt it? Can you change anything?
Motokid said:
Obviously we are judging and, in our minds, convicting MJ without having all the facts. Can anybody have all the facts? Who is really telling the truth?
I actually think most people judge him because he is strange. Being as strange as him you have got to be doing something illigal.

Motokid said:
Since MJ never took the stand (gee, I wonder why?)
He is strange and does not exactly inspire trust among adults at least.

again i will point to dangling an infant over a balcony so that photographers can take a picture. we all saw this, this is not speculation. that behaviour all on its own is alarming enough to warrant an investigation into whether or not he should be around children.

Motokid said:
I would love to see MJ held accountable for at least some part of his obnoxious, and rediculous behavior over the last 10-15 years.

Can you convict someone of wierdness?

Imagine the message he'll get if he's found innocent of all charges? That would validate everything in his head as being acceptable....that's the worst thing I could think of as far as this trial is concerned.

Isnt it innocent until proven guilty?

Since MJ never took the stand (gee, I wonder why?)

If he had done that any lawyer would have crushed him, guilty or not.

You've got a childs word, and his mother who's a kook, against a super-star with millions of dollars and millions of fans who never took the stand to defend himself.

A mother that will earn a lot of cash if MJ is found guilty. She can probably milk this case so that she will never have to work again.

It seems to me that you have decided he is guilty because he is rich and wierd. Not because of any evidence.

Bill Gates is rich and wierd. Donald Trump is rich and wierd. Paris Hilton is rich and wierd. I am not calling for them to be locked up for anything.

Watching MJ talk on camera about "sharing his bed" with other peoples children is enough for me to convict him, in my mind, of endangering the welfare of a child. Watching him hold that boy's hand and talk about how loving and caring he is to these poor sick kids gave me the heeby-jeebies.

I don't feel that way about the nurses and doctors that care for these kids.

Why does MJ seem to only care about young boys? What about men his age with cancer? What about young girls? What about all people in general? It's always young and very vulnerable boys. Cancer patients and kids in remission from cancer.

Remember he paid off his last accuser before the case made it to trial. There's a pattern of reckless behavior with children. Boys.

Personally, I would love to know for sure that he's never done anything illegal with any child. I would love to know that for the sake of all the children. But all the signs point to something less happy. MJ exhibits many signs of a habitual pedophile. At some point over 10-15 years those signs can't just be pushed aside as MJ is just wierd and rich.

Yes, I'm convicting him in my mind without knowing all the evidence. I can easily live with that. Easily. I also think O.J. is guilty and Robert Blake is guilty of playing at least a large part in the murders they were charged with. I can live with that too.

edit: and don't forget that in many cases these kids slept in MJ's bed behind locked doors, with no other adults around. MJ had an elaborate alarm system set up to protect himself and warn of approaching people outside his bedroom.

i agree with moto. at some point being rich and wierd went from being his crime to being his defense. "oh they are accusing me because i'm rich and wierd" well as moto pointed out there are loads of rich wierd people, yet none are repeatedly being accused of child molestation.

Will people prey on MJ to try to get his money? Absolutely. Is that wrong? Yep.

Maybe...just maybe...if MJ wants to stop being charged with molesting young boys he should....now hold your breath....this might be a shocking realization....maybe he should stop sleeping with other peoples children, behind closed doors, without the parents present, and then going on television and stating that "sharing your bed with a child is the most loving, caring thing you can do."

If I'm repeatedly charged with drunk driving but never convicted, it would probably be pretty foolish of me to constantly drive around with open containers of alcohol in my car, and then state on television that drinking alcohol is one of life's greatest pleasures while slamming multiple beers between questions.

No grown man should be sleeping in the same bed with children that are not blood related, behind closed, locked doors without at least one of the childs parents in the same room.

Motokid said:
Maybe...just maybe...if MJ wants to stop being charged with molesting young boys he should....now hold your breath....this might be a shocking realization....maybe he should stop sleeping with other peoples children, behind closed doors, without the parents present, and then going on television and stating that "sharing your bed with a child is the most loving, caring thing you can do."
Would probably be a good idea if he stopped doing that, but it does unfortunately not prove anything. Perhaps he is right that sharing your bed is the most loving thing to do, but in his case it's fairly stupid.

Martin said:
I would just like to point out that Michael Jackson is weird, not wierd.

I'm sorry.

Cheers

look...I just got the hang of grammAr...and I even, on occasion, like to humor you with using the quote tags the way you like to see them...if you're gonna be anal about every word I type you will be the largest a-hole the world has ever seen... :eek:

If people can blame guns for killing people, I'm blaming my keyboard for mis-spelled words.... :D

Martin said:
I would just like to point out that Michael Jackson is weird, not wierd.
Hey I couldn't remember how to spell it so I just looked at Moto's spelling... Don't really know why that seemed like a good idea.
Grammar_bat.gif

all i'll say is mj is in a pool of shit and it's getting full, so he'd better strain it before it causes a shit slide....

you know, at one point, i felt kinda sorry for mj....you see and read all the BS he saw at such a young age. i watched a biography on him one night and there was alot more going on behind closed doors then we knew. now, of course, this is all heresay as to what really happened, but it kind of made me think twice about whay this guy is as f*****d up as he is. however, that being said, i think he uses the 'i wanna be a kid again' plea a little too much and to his advantage to pull at the heart strings of some people, myself included at one point. but something about him just screams creepy. there is nothing wrong with being a little eccrentric, but mj has proven one too many times that he is just plain over the edge.

Anybody want to start predicting what day the jury will render it's verdict? Pick the day, and if you're feeling really psychic try to pick the time. I guess you'd have to use the west coast time where the trial is.

Is it possible they'll go all this week without a verdict?

I don't think it'll go that long. I'm gonna say that Thursday of this week they will reach a conclusion. That would be June 16th. I'll say it'll be a 3:00pm west coast time announcement.

That's my guess.

jenngorham said:
and he walks.......
He tries to...

I think it's pretty scary that the members of the jury are allowed to make money of this. But from how the case was put forth by the danish host, I would say that they had nothing to convict him on.

Back